The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) reported through their latest Tropical Cyclone Advisory issued at 11:00 AM today, that Super Typhoon Karding further intensifies as it moves westward towards the northern portion of Quezon to the southern portion of Aurora.
The center of the eye is estimated to be located 175 km East of Infanta, Quezon (15.0°N, 123.3°E). According to the weather bureau, Karding is moving westward at 20 km/h with a maximum sustained winds of 195 km/h near the center and a gustiness of up to 240 km/h.
PAGASA says Karding is expected to continue intensifying and may make landfall at or near a peak intensity of 185-205 km/h.
Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal In Effect
TCWS No. 5
- Polillo Islands and the extreme northern portion of Quezon (the northern and central portions of General Nakar, and the northeastern portion of Infanta)
TCWS No. 4
- Calaguas Islands,
- the southern portion of Aurora (San Luis, Dingalan, Baler, Maria Aurora),
- the northern portion of Quezon (the rest of General Nakar, the rest of Infanta, Real),
- the southeastern portion of Nueva Ecija (Gabaldon, General Tinio, City of Gapan, Peñaranda),
- the eastern and central portions of Bulacan (Doña Remedios Trinidad, Norzagaray, San Miguel, San Ildefonso, San Rafael, Angat, City of San Jose del Monte),
- the northeastern portion of Rizal (Rodriguez, City of Antipolo, Tanay, San Mateo, Baras),
- and the extreme northern portion of Laguna (Famy, Siniloan, Santa Maria, Pangil)
TCWS No. 3
- The central portion of Aurora (Dipaculao),
- the southeastern portion of Nueva Vizcaya (Alfonso Castaneda, Dupax del Sur, Dupax del Norte),
- the rest of Nueva Ecija, Tarlac,
- the rest of Bulacan,
- Metro Manila,
- the rest of Rizal,
- the northern and central portions of Laguna (Mabitac, Pakil, Paete, Kalayaan, Lumban, Cavinti, Pagsanjan, Luisiana, Majayjay, Magdalena, Santa Cruz, Pila, Liliw, Nagcarlan, Victoria, Rizal, City of San Pedro, City of Biñan, City of Santa Rosa, Cabuyao City, City of Calamba, Los Baños, Bay, Calauan),
- the northeasternn portion of Cavite (Bacoor City, Imus City, Kawit, City of Dasmariñas, Carmona, Gen. Mariano Alvarez, City of General Trias, Rosario, Silang),
- the rest of the northern portion of Quezon (Infanta, Real, General Nakar, Mauban),
- and the northern portion of Camarines Norte (Vinzons, Paracale, Jose Panganiban, Capalonga)
TCWS No. 2
- The southern portion of Isabela (Dinapigue, San Guillermo, Echague, San Agustin, Jones),
- the rest of Nueva Vizcaya,
- La Union,
- the rest of Aurora,
- the rest of Cavite,
- the rest of Laguna,
- the central portions of Quezon (Calauag, Perez, Alabat, Quezon, Tagkawayan, Guinayangan, Sampaloc, Lucban, City of Tayabas, Lucena City, Pagbilao, Padre Burgos, Atimonan, Agdangan, Unisan, Plaridel, Gumaca, Lopez, Pitogo, Dolores, Candelaria, Sariaya, Tiaong, San Antonio, Macalelon, General Luna, Catanauan, Buenavista),
- the rest of Camarines Norte,
- the northern portion of Camarines Sur (Del Gallego, Ragay, Lupi, Sipocot, Libmanan, Pamplona, Pasacao, San Fernando, Pili, Minalabac, Ocampo, Tigaon, Cabusao, Magarao, Gainza, Canaman, Camaligan, Milaor, Naga City, Bombon, Calabanga, Tinambac, Siruma, Goa, Lagonoy, San Jose, Garchitorena, Presentacion, Caramoan, Sagñay), and
TCWS No. 1
- The southern portion of Cagayan (Tuao, Solana, Enrile, Tuguegarao City, Iguig, Peñablanca),
- the rest of Isabela,
- the southern portion of Apayao (Conner),
- Mountain Province,
- the southern portion of Ilocos Norte (Nueva Era, Badoc, Pinili, Banna, City of Batac, Currimao, Paoay, Marcos),
- Ilocos Sur,
- the rest of Quezon,
- the northern portion of Occidental Mindoro (Abra de Ilog, Paluan, Mamburao, Santa Cruz) including Lubang Islands,
- the northern portion of Oriental Mindoro (Puerto Galera, San Teodoro, Baco, City of Calapan, Naujan, Victoria, Pola, Socorro, Pinamalayan),
- the rest of Camarines Sur,
- Burias Island and
- Ticao Island
- This morning through early afternoon:
- Moderate to heavy rains over Isabela, Aurora, Quezon including Polillo Islands, Catanduanes, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, and Isabela. Light to moderate with at times heavy rains over mainland Cagayan, Quirino, Nueva Vizcaya, Marinduque, Romblon, and the rest of Bicol Region.
- This early afternoon through tomorrow early morning:
- Heavy to intense with at times torrential rains over Metro Manila, Zambales, Bataan, Tarlac, Pampanga, Nueva Ecija, Bulacan, Aurora, Rizal, and the northern portion of Quezon including Polillo Islands. Moderate to heavy with at times intense rains over Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya, Quirino, Benguet, Ifugao, Mountain Province, Pangasinan, Cavite, Laguna, the central portion of Quezon, and Camarines Norte. Light to moderate with at times heavy rains over Mindoro Provinces, Marinduque, and the rest of CALABARZON and Bicol Region.
- Tomorrow early morning through early afternoon:
- Heavy to intense with at times torrential rains over Zambales, Bataan, Pampanga, and Bulacan. Moderate to heavy with at times intense rains Metro Manila, Pangasinan, Cavite, Occidental Mindoro, and the rest of Central Luzon. Light to moderate with at times heavy rains over Mountain Province, Ifugao, Benguet, Quirino, Nueva Vizcaya, Oriental Mindoro, and the rest of CALABARZON.
PAGASA reminds the public to be highly or very highly susceptible to hazards and follow evacuation and other instructions from local authorities. The next tropical cyclone bulletin will be issued by PAGASA at 2:00 PM today.
DepEd releases new class suspension guidelines during typhoon, heavy rainfall, flood, and earthquake