The Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) reported through their latest Tropical Cyclone Advisory issued at 8:00 AM today, that Karding has now escalated into Super Typhoon category at 5:00 AM today after a period of explosive intensification of 90 km/h in 24 hours.
The center of the eye is estimated to be located 230 km East of Infanta, Quezon (15.0°N, 123.8°E). According to the weather bureau, Karding is moving westward at 20 km/h with a maximum sustained winds of 185 km/h near the center and a gustiness of up to 230 km/h.
After a period of explosive intensification, PAGASA says it is possible to hoist areas to the highest wind signal no. 5 as Karding is expected to continue intensifying and may make landfall at or near a peak intensity of 185-205 km/h.
Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal In Effect
TCWS No. 4
- Polillo Islands
TCWS No. 3
- The central and southern portions of Aurora (Dingalan, San Luis, Baler, Maria Aurora, Dipaculao),
- the central and southern portions of Nueva Ecija (Bongabon, Rizal, Llanera, Science City of Muñoz, Guimba, Cuyapo, Talugtug, Nampicuan, San Antonio, Cabiao, San Isidro, City of Gapan, Zaragoza, Jaen, Licab, Quezon, Aliaga, Santa Rosa, San Leonardo, Santo Domingo, Talavera, Cabanatuan City, General Mamerto Natividad, Palayan City, Peñaranda, General Tinio, Laur, Gabaldon),
- the eastern portion of Pampanga (Candaba, Arayat, Santa Ana, San Luis, San Simon, Apalit),
- the northern portion of Metro Manila (Pasig, Marikina, Quezon City, San Juan, Mandaluyong, Manila, Navotas, Malabon, Caloocan, Valenzuela),
- the northern portion of Rizal (Rodriguez, Tanay, Baras, City of Antipolo, San Mateo, Cainta, Taytay, Angono, Teresa, Morong, Pililla),
- the northeastern portion of Laguna (Santa Maria, Famy, Siniloan, Pangil, Mabitac, Paete, Kalayaan, Pakil),
- the northern portion of Quezon (Infanta, Real, General Nakar, Mauban),
- and the northern portion of Camarines Norte (Vinzons, Paracale, Jose Panganiban, Capalonga)
TCWS No. 2
- The southern portion of Isabela (Dinapigue, San Guillermo, Echague, San Agustin, Jones),
- Nueva Vizcaya,
- La Union,
- the rest of Pampanga,
- the rest of Nueva Ecija,
- the rest of Aurora,
- the rest of Metro Manila,
- the rest of Laguna,
- the rest of Rizal,
- the central portions of Quezon (Calauag, Perez, Alabat, Quezon, Tagkawayan, Guinayangan, Sampaloc, Lucban, City of Tayabas, Lucena City, Pagbilao, Padre Burgos, Atimonan, Agdangan, Unisan, Plaridel, Gumaca, Lopez, Pitogo, Dolores, Candelaria, Sariaya, Tiaong, San Antonio, Macalelon, General Luna, Catanauan, Buenavista),
- the rest of Camarines Norte, the northern portion of Camarines Sur (Del Gallego, Ragay, Lupi, Sipocot, Libmanan, Pamplona, Pasacao, San Fernando, Pili, Minalabac, Ocampo, Tigaon, Cabusao, Magarao, Gainza, Canaman, Camaligan, Milaor, Naga City, Bombon, Calabanga, Tinambac, Siruma, Goa, Lagonoy, San Jose, Garchitorena, Presentacion, Caramoan, Sagñay),
- and Catanduanes
TCWS No. 1
- The southern portion of Cagayan (Tuao, Solana, Enrile, Tuguegarao City, Iguig, Peñablanca),
- the rest of Isabela,
- the southern portion of Apayao (Conner),
- Mountain Province,
- the southern portion of Ilocos Norte (Nueva Era, Badoc, Pinili, Banna, City of Batac, Currimao, Paoay, Marcos),
- Ilocos Sur,
- the rest of Quezon,
- the northern portion of Occidental Mindoro (Abra de Ilog, Paluan, Mamburao, Santa Cruz) including Lubang Islands,
- the northern portion of Oriental Mindoro (Puerto Galera, San Teodoro, Baco, City of Calapan, Naujan, Victoria, Pola, Socorro, Pinamalayan),
- the rest of Camarines Sur,
- Burias Island and
- Ticao Island
- Morning through early afternoon:
- Moderate to heavy rains over Isabela, Polillo Islands, Catanduanes, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, and Isabela. Light to moderate with at times heavy rains over mainland Cagayan, Quirino, Nueva Vizcaya, Aurora, Quezon, Marinduque, Romblon, and the rest of Bicol Region.
- Early afternoon through tomorrow early morning:
- Heavy to intense with at times torrential rains over Metro Manila, Zambales, Bataan, Tarlac, Pampanga, Nueva Ecija, Bulacan, Aurora, Rizal, and the northern portion of Quezon including Polillo Islands. Moderate to heavy with at times intense rains over Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya, Quirino, Benguet, Ifugao, Mountain Province, Pangasinan, Cavite, Laguna, the central portion of Quezon, and Camarines Norte. Light to moderate with at times heavy rains over Mindoro Provinces, Marinduque, and the rest of CALABARZON and Bicol Region.
- Tomorrow early morning through early afternoon:
- Heavy to intense with at times torrential rains over Zambales, Bataan, Pampanga, and Bulacan. Moderate to heavy with at times intense rains Metro Manila, Pangasinan, Cavite, Occidental Mindoro, and the rest of Central Luzon. Light to moderate with at times heavy rains over Mountain Province, Ifugao, Benguet, Quirino, Nueva Vizcaya, Oriental Mindoro, and the rest of CALABARZON.
PAGASA reminds the public to be highly or very highly susceptible to hazards and follow evacuation and other instructions from local authorities. The next tropical cyclone bulletin will be issued by PAGASA at 11:00 AM today.