Baguio City Entry Guidelines for Tourists [UPDATED]
Update for July 23-31, 2021
Baguio City remains under GCQ, Leisure travel not allowed for those coming from ECQ, MECQ and GCQ with heightened restrictions
–end of update–
While the City remains under General Community Quarantine (GCQ) status until June 30, 2021, the City Tourism Office of Baguio City has released an announcement stating that the city will reopen its doors for tourists who are looking to visit for leisure. However, there are certain guidelines that shall be followed prior to the intended visit.
The guidelines below have been updated as per the City Tourism Office’s latest announcement on June 21, 2021.
Who will be Accepted?
According to Baguio Tourism, only those who are coming from areas that are under General Community Quarantine (GCQ) and Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ) status will be accepted.
The following are the requirements needed for tourists prior to the intended visit to Baguio City:
Visita Registration with QTP
- Go to visita.baguio.gov.ph and create an account and schedule a visit. Prepare to upload ID and a current photo. Photo files must not be more than 5 MB in size.
- Must be completed and be issued with QTP at least 24 hours before traveling. Registration on the day of travel is not allowed.
- Due to the surge in travel requests, approval of travel requests in by queue priority according to nearest travel date, so please wait until at least a day before your travel for approval and issuance of QTP.
- Strictly NO QTP, NO ENTRY at the border.
Negative COVID-19 Test Result
- RT-PCR or Antigen Tests are allowed as long as taken within 72 hours prior to arrival.
- As an option, if unavailable or with invalid test result, an Antigen test can be conducted upon arrival. The Antigen test costs Php 500.00.
- VISITA registration can be completed even if the test result is not yet available for upload, as long as the health declaration is filled out completely. Bring an e-file or hard copy of your test result at the triage for verification.
For Fully Vaccinated Individuals
Visitors who are considered fully vaccinated may refer to these new guidelines for entry:
New Entry Protocols for FULLY VACCINATED Residents and Tourists Entering Baguio City
Booking and Accommodation
Tourists who will be staying at the following must take note of these important reminders:
DOT-Accredited Accommodation Establishments
Those who choose to stay in accommodation establishments from our list, must contact the chosen establishment. Travel approval and issuance of QTP shall be after confirmation of booking by the accommodation establishment.
Staying with Friends/Relatives
Those who choose to stay with friends or relatives must have the correct information of the contact person in Baguio. Approval and issuance of QTP shall be done upon verification of the contact person. Barangays are also informed of your visit for monitoring
Renting or paying to stay in accommodations not registered with VISITA is illegal and shall be grounds for criminal offense.
Mandatory Triage Upon Arrival
- Present QTP at the border for verification
- Yellow QTPs shall be escorted to Central Triage or CAP John Hay Triage
- Blue QTPs may go straight to hotels/terminals with triage
- Present QTP to the triage staff for health and documents verification. Symptomatic travelers or whose antigen tests will have a positive result will be refused entry or be referred to the nearest health facility.
- Tourists can only proceed to accommodation or destination after undergoing triage
- Business establishments are imposing limits in venue capacity, which must be complied with by all.
- Children below 15 years old must always be accompanied by adults. They may not be allowed in some private establishments.
- Local ordinances such as no smoking, number coding, and curfews are in place. Tourists shall follow and observe these laws to avoid penalties.
For more concerns/inquiries, contact VISITA through the following:
- Landline: (074) 446-2009
- Email: [email protected]
SOURCE: Baguio Tourism Office