Kennon Road Traffic Schedule
Is Kennon Road Open?
Update as of October 21: Effective 12:00 midnight of Friday, October 21, 2022, Kennon Road will be temporarily closed to traffic until further notice, except for Kennon Road and Camp 7 residents.
Kennon Road Traffic Advisories since March 2022
Kennon Road will be opening to traffic for both Baguio-bound and lowland-bound traffic following a set schedule. It can be recalled, that Kennon road was initially opened to two-way traffic. However, rains caused rockfalls that posed a danger to motorists thus prompting the Joint Inter-Agency Task Force Kennon to close Kennon road temporarily.
Then, during the holy week, Kennon road was opened for one-way traffic, Baguio bound or going up to Baguio City. Then, the one-way traffic direction was changed to lowland-bound or going down from Baguio City last Sunday until 5:00 AM of April 18, 2022.
The New Kennon Road Traffic Schedule
- Every 5:00 AM Sunday until 5:00 AM Monday Kennon Road is open to outbound traffic from Baguio City or motorists going down Baguio City.
- Every 5:01 AM Monday until 4:59 AM Sunday Kennon Road is open to inbound traffic to Baguio City or motorists going up to Baguio City.
As always, the said schedule may be subject to change as deemed necessary by the Joint Inter-Agency Task Force Kennon. Especially during inclement weather or ground-shaking in the area at which, Kennon road will be closed immediately.
Residents along Kennon road are exempted from this schedule, they are however reminded to always take the necessary precautions.
All motorists going through Kennon Road are again reminded of the following:
- Drive safely, strictly adhere to traffic and parking rules (and safety signage) and maintain a speed limit of thirty kilometers per hour (30kph), particularly along curvatures.
- Vehicles/Trucks exceeding the five (5) tons (gross tonnage) limit shall be prohibited to pass through Kennon Road.
- In case of inclement weather or detected ground shaking/earthquake with or without aftershocks, which may trigger landslides and rock falls, the Municipality of Tuba, through the Tuba MPS, in coordination with the DPWH-CAR and OCD-CAR, shall immediately close Kennon Road until public Safety is guaranteed.