Are you a high school graduate aspiring to attend college but are concerned about the financial burden? Worry no more because the Aboitiz College Scholarship Program 2023 might be the perfect solution for you. This program has been providing financial assistance to deserving students since 2003, enabling them to chase their dreams and make a difference in society.
The Aboitiz Scholarship Program is an initiative by the Aboitiz Foundation that grants financial aid to outstanding incoming freshmen students enrolled in select degree programs. More than just a financial aid, the program also focuses on the scholar’s holistic development through learning sessions and internship opportunities. The scholarship is a blend of monetary and non-monetary benefits designed to help scholars prepare for life after graduation.
To qualify for the Aboitiz College Scholarship Program 2023, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a full-time incoming freshman of an eligible college or university
- Be pursuing a degree identified by the Foundation
- Have a Grade Point Average (GPA) or General Weighted Average (GWA) of at least 88% with no failing and incomplete grade
- Not have a record of any form of disciplinary action
- Be able to accomplish the online application form and submit the complete requirements on time
Aboitiz Scholarship 2023: Courses Covered
The scholarship program covers a variety of courses including but not limited to:
- IT and Technology
- Marketing and Sales
- Data Science
Applicants must be enrolled or planning to enroll in any of the following partner schools:
- Ateneo De Manila University
- De La Salle University
- Mapua University
- University of the Philippines – Diliman
- University of the Philippines – Los Banos
- University of Sto. Tomas
- A certified true copy of the applicant’s most recent grade available upon the
opening of the application process
- Certifications supporting extra curricular activities.
Scholars are entitled to the following benefits:
- Full Tuition Fee Coverage
- Monthly Allowance
- Academic Excellence Incentive
- Latin Honors Incentive
- Board Review Subsidy
- Internship Opportunities
- Non-monetary benefits such as Scholars’ Learning Sessions, Participation in the Group’s CSR Activities, and a possible employment opportunity within the Aboitiz Group
How to Apply for the Aboitiz Scholarship Program
To apply for the Aboitiz scholarship, click below and accomplish the requirements on or before June 30, 2023.
Deadlines and important dates to remember
- Opening of Application: May 02, 2023
- Closing of Application: June 30, 2023
- Announcement of Shortlisted Applicants: July 2023 (1st week)
- Interview and Personality Testing: July 2023 (3rd week)
- Announcement of New Scholars: August (1st week)
Frequently Asked Questions
To further guide you in your application, here are some frequently asked questions about the Aboitiz Scholarship Program:
No. The scholarship is only open for incoming freshmen students
Yes, as long as they intend to enroll in the Foundation’s partner schools.
Only corporate-funded scholarship programs are not allowed under the program.
No. Only the pre-identified degree programs that align with the Group’s future talent needs are eligible for the scholarship.
No. Only applicants who are willing to enroll in one of the partner schools are eligible to apply for the program.
No, but the scholarship grant will be based on the degree program and school declared on the application. Should the applicant be accepted as one of the scholars, they will be required to enroll in their declared school.
Yes, the program is open for all incoming freshmen students regardless of the year of graduation from senior high school
No, grades should be authenticated and certified by the School Principal.
Yes, an authenticated copy of the latest available grade is required.
No, applications are made online. Personal submissions will not be accepted.
Yes, but their application will not be considered. Extra-curricular activities are part of the consideration in screening the application.
Yes, the most recent submitted application will be considered.
No, interviews will be conducted virtually. Further instructions will be communicated via email to shortlisted candidates.
Yes, shortlisted candidates will be given an exam link via email to complete a personality assessment exam.
SOURCE: Aboitiz Foundation