Parts of Benguet, including Baguio City, are now under Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal (TCWS) No. 1. This is according to the latest Tropical Cyclone Bulletin issued by the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical, and Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) at 8 PM on September 7, 2021.
Severe Tropical Storm “Jolina”
According to the report, STS Jolina, with international name “Conson,” maintains its strength as it continues to move west-northwestward over the Sibuyan Sea. The center of the Severe Tropical Storm is estimated to be 65 km East Northeast of Romblon, Romblon (12.8°N, 122.8°E). It has maximum sustained winds of 100 km/h near the center, gustiness of up to 125 km/h, and a central pressure of 996 hPa.
Track and Intensity Outlook
- In the next 12 hours, “JOLINA” will continue to move generally west-northwestward traversing the Sibuyan Sea, heading towards the Bondoc Peninsula-Marinduque area. The center of “JOLINA” may make landfall or pass near over the Bondoc Peninsula-Marinduque area tomorrow morning. Afterward, it will traverse over Tayabas Bay before
it makes another landfall over the Quezon-Batangas area tomorrow afternoon.
- Throughout the remainder of tomorrow and into Thursday morning, the tropical cyclone is forecast to traverse CALABARZON (roughly south of Metro Manila) and Central Luzon before exiting the landmass. Frictional effects during its traverse of Luzon landmass will weaken “JOLINA” down to tropical storm category.
- “JOLINA” is forecast to emerge over the West Philippine Sea before noon on Thursday. Re-intensification is forecast to occur beginning on Thursday afternoon as the tropical cyclone moves west-northwestward over the West Philippine Sea towards the southern China-northern Vietnam area.
The following areas under Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal # 2 may experience damaging gale-force winds prevailing or expected within 24 hours:
- The northwestern portion of Sorsogon (Donsol, Pilar);
- the northern portion of Masbate (Ticao Island, Mobo,Milagros, City of Masbate, Baleno, Aroroy, Mandaon, Balud, Burias Island);
- the western portion of Albay (Jovellar, Pio Duran, Libon, Oas, City of Ligao, Guinobatan, Camalig, Daraga, Polangui);
- Metro Manila;
- the southern portion of Bulacan (Norzagaray, City of San Jose del Monte, Marilao, City of Meycauayan, Obando, Santa Maria, Bocaue, Balagtas, Bulacan, Hagonoy, Paombong, City of Malolos);
- the southern portion of Bataan (Pilar, Orion, Limay, Mariveles, Bagac, City of Balanga, Abucay);
- the northern and central portions of Oriental Mindoro (Bansud, Gloria, Pinamalayan, Socorro, Pola, Victoria, Naujan, City of Calapan, Baco,
San Teodoro, Puerto Galera);
- and the western and southern portions of Camarines Sur (Del Gallego,
Ragay, Lupi, Sipocot, Libmanan, Cabusao, Pasacao, Pamplona, Canaman, Magarao, Bombon, Naga City, Pili, Minalabac, Milaor, Gainza, Camaligan, San Fernando, Bula, Balatan, Bato, Nabua, Iriga City, Buhi, Baao)
The following areas under Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal #1 may experience strong winds prevailing or expected within 36 hours:
- The rest of Sorsogon,
- the rest of Masbate,
- the rest of Albay,
- the rest of Oriental Mindoro,
- Occidental Mindoro,
- Camarines Norte,
- the rest of Camarines Sur,
- the western portion of Catanduanes (San Andres, San Miguel, Virac, Bato, Caramoran),
- the rest of Bulacan,
- the rest of Bataan,
- Nueva Ecija,
- the central and southern portions of Aurora (Dipaculao, Maria Aurora, San Luis, Dingalan, Baler),
- the southeastern portion of Quirino (Nagtipunan),
- the southern portion of Nueva Vizcaya (Alfonso Castaneda, Dupax del Norte, Dupax del Sur, Aritao, Santa Fe, Kayapa),
- the southern portion of Benguet (Bokod, Itogon, Tuba, Baguio City, Sablan, La Trinidad, Tublay),
- and the southern portion of La Union (Rosario, Pugo, Tubao, Santo Tomas, Agoo, Aringay, Caba, Naguilian, Burgos, Bauang)
- The western portion of Northern Samar (San Jose, Rosario, Victoria, San Isidro, Lavezares, Allen, Biri, San Antonio, Capul, San Vicente),
- the northwestern portion of Samar (Calbayog City, Tagapul-An, Almagro, Santo Niño),
- the northwestern portion of Antique (Caluya),
- Capiz, and
- the northeastern portion of Iloilo (Lemery, Ajuy, Concepcion, Sara, San Dionisio, Batad, Balasan, Estancia, Carles)