“Paeng” intensified into a tropical storm as it continues to move over the Philippine Sea. Tropical storm Paeng was estimated to based on all available data at 540 km East of Borongan City, Eastern Samar (11.8 °N, 130.4 °E ) moving west southwestward at 10km/h. According to PAGASA, Tropical storm Paeng may develop further into a Typhoon over the weekend.
Forecast Track of Tropical Storm Paeng
Tropical Storm Paeng is set to bring rains over northern Luzon should it maintain its forecasted track. Here are the forecasted location of Tropical storm Paeng.
- Oct 27, 2022 08:00 PM – 565 km East of Catarman, Northern Samar
- Oct 28, 2022 08:00 AM – 480 km East of Juban, Sorsogon
- Oct 28, 2022 08:00 PM – 260 km East of Virac, Catanduanes
- Oct 29, 2022 08:00 AM – 85 km Northeast of Virac, Catanduanes or 185 km East of Daet, Camarines Norte
- Oct 29, 2022 08:00 PM – 95 km North of Daet, Camarines Norte or 135 km East Northeast of Infanta, Quezon
- Oct 30, 2022 08:00 AM – In the vicinity of San Luis, Aurora
- Oct 31, 2022 08:00 AM – 115 km Northwest of Baguio City, Benguet
- Nov 01, 2022 08:00 AM – 200 km West of Calayan, Cagayan
Strength of Tropical Storm Paeng
Tropical storm Paeng is packing maximum sustain winds of 65 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 80 km/h. PAGASA however has forecasted that TS Paeng may develop into a Typhoon as it approaches land.
Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal
Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal Number 1
Signal number 1 is hoisted in the following areas:
- Catanduanes, the eastern portion of Albay (Rapu-Rapu), and the eastern portion of Sorsogon (Prieto Diaz, Gubat, Barcelona, Bulusan, Santa Magdalena, Irosin, Juban, Casiguran, City of Sorsogon)
- Eastern Samar, Northern Samar, and Samar
Baguio weather Forecast
Baguio City is forecasted to experience partly cloudy to cloudy skies with rain showers. Over the weekend however, PAGASA forecasted that Baguio City will experience cloudy skies with rains.
Note: This weather forecast is valid only until 5:00PM of October 27, 2022