OWWA Provides P10K Cash Assistance to Qualified OFWs Affected by COVID-19
COVID-19 has affected everyone on a global scale. The Philippines is one of the highest providers of workers abroad. Due to the pandemic, a lot of overseas Filipino Workers are affected, some, displaced. This is why the Philippine government through the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration is extending help to qualified OFW’s affected by COVID-19 by providing 10,000 pesos financial assistance. This financial assistance is through OWWA’s “Abot Kamay Ang Pagtulong (AKAP)” Program.
Coverage of the Program:
Those who can apply for this program are:
- Regular or Documented (Land-based and Sea-based) Overseas Filipino Workers;
- Qualified Undocumented OFW’s
- The OFW’s must have experienced job displacement due to COVID-19
- The OFW’s are REPATRIATED or VACATIONING (Balik Manggagawa) affected by the crisis and have returned to the Philippines from February 3, 2020, onwards.
Documentary requirements to pre-qualify:
- Valid passport or travel document with pages, indicating personal data with photo and latest arrival in the Philippines.
- For Repatriated OFW’s and Balik-Manggagawa, copy of flight ticket or boarding pass evidencing return to the Philippines or arrival stamp on the passport or sticker attached to the passport;
- Proof of overseas employment, i.e. valid verified overseas employment contact, OEC, residence ID, visa or re-entry visa;
- Proof of loss or termination of employment on account of COVID-19,
a. Notice of Termination of Employment or closure of the company issued by the foreign recruitment agency or principal/employer;
b. Incident report on the termination of employment;
c. Certification or Referral from Philippine Embassy / Consulate / OWWA, citing displacement due to COVID-19.
- FOR Qualified Undocumented Worker (UW) – proof that the UW or the employer has undertaken the necessary documentation process to regularize employment in the host country such as copies of employment contract, payslip, work visa, active OWWA membership at the time of repatriation or other badges of employment.
Due to the mandate of social distancing all applications for the AKAP program will be done online through this link: http://dole-akap.owwa.gov.ph/
For further inquiries please call the following OWWA numbers:
How to send the form
Ako ay ofw march 8,2020 po ako dumating d2 sa pinas panu po b ako makakuha ng ayuda sa dole ako po d nakatpos ng kontrata ko…..lahat ng bigay galing sa government hindi daw ako kasali kc ako ay galing abroad..ako ay single sakin lang amuasa ang family sa ngayon wala mn kmi mapagkunan dahil sa lockdown…sana po ay ma2longan dn nyo ako…..salamat po
Pano kkiha ng owwa assistance po or pano kkuha ng form