Vaccinated international Filipino and foreign travelers are no longer required to observe the mandatory facility-based quarantine starting February 1, 2022. This is according to Acting Presidential Spokesperson and Cabinet Secretary Karlo Alexei Nograles during a press briefing. Previously, Filipinos and foreign travelers arriving in the country were mandated to observe facility-based quarantine, where the arriving international traveler into the Philippines will have to stay at a hotel designated as a quarantine facility.
Additional easing of restrictions
Aside from the removal of the facility-based quarantine for arriving international Filipino and foreign travelers, the IATF under IATF Resolution 159 has also temporarily suspended the “Green”, “Yellow” and “Red” country classification. This means international arriving Filipino and foreign travelers can now enter the Philippines regardless of their country of origin. However, a traveler’s vaccination status will determine the requirements mandated to be presented by the arriving traveling individual.
Requirements for Vaccinated International Filipino and Foreign travelers entering the Philippines
While the suspension of the mandatory observation of facility-based quarantine for vaccinated individuals, the IATF has maintained the imposition of several requirements for those entering the Philippines. These are as follows:
- Fully vaccinated international arriving passengers (Filipinos/Foreigners) shall be required to present a NEGATIVE RT-PCR test result taken within 48 hours prior to departure from the country of origin.
- Mandatory facility-based quarantine shall no longer be required
- International arriving passengers must self monitor for any sign of symptoms for 7-days with the first day being the date of arrival and shall be required to report to the local government unit of destination upon the manifestation of symptoms if any.
- Provide proof of vaccination under COVID-19 recognized under current IATF Regulations, these are:
a. World Health Organization International Certificates of Vaccination and Prophylaxis.
c. National/State digital certificate of the foreign government which has accepted VaxCertPH under a reciprocal arrangement unless otherwise permitted by the IATF.
Requirements for International arriving Filipino travelers who are Unvaccinated/Partially Vaccinated/Unvalidated Vaccination status
- Present a NEGATIVE RT-PCR test result taken within 48 hours prior to departure from the country of origin.
- Required to undergo facility-based quarantine until the release of the Negative result of RT-PCR test taken on the 5th day.
- Required to undergo quarantine until the 14th day where the first day being the date of arrival. LGU of destination and BHERTs are tasked to monitor those arriving passengers undergoing home quarantine.
Unvaccinated Children arriving in the Philippines
In the case of children below 12 years of age and who cannot be vaccinated shall follow the quarantine protocols of their parents or guardians who are with them during the travel.
For those currently in quarantine on February 1, 2022
Those arriving international traveler who are currently in quarantine by February 1, 2022 may avail of the new quarantine protocol to which they are qualified.
For Foreign nationals
Starting February 16, 2022, only fully vaccinated foreign nationals shall be allowed to enter the country. This is according to the IATF Resolution no. 157.