LPA developed into Tropical Depression “Obet”
The low-pressure area that was detected over the Philippine sea specifically in the area of extreme northern Luzon has developed into a tropical depression and is given the name “Obet”.
Location of Tropical Depression Obet
The center of Tropical Depression “OBET” was estimated based on all available data at 1,055 km East of Extreme Northern Luzon (20.9 °N, 132.0 °E )
Tropical Depression Obet is moving northwestward 10 km/h, with a maximum sustained winds of 45 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 55 km/h.
Forecast Track of Tropical Depression Obet
- Oct 19, 2022 02:00 PM – 1,025 km East of Extreme Northern Luzon
- Oct 20, 2022 02:00 AM – 890 km East of Extreme Northern Luzon
- Oct 20, 2022 02:00 PM – 770 km East of Calayan, Cagayan
- Oct 21, 2022 02:00 AM – 475 km East of Aparri, Cagayan
- Oct 21, 2022 02:00 PM – 220 km East of Aparri, Cagayan
- Oct 22, 2022 02:00 AM – Over the coastal waters of Calayan, Cagayan
- Oct 23, 2022 02:00 AM – 345 km West of Calayan, Cagayan (OUTSIDE PAR)
- Oct 24, 2022 02:00 AM – 535 km West of Sinait, Ilocos Sur (OUTSIDE PAR)
Friday evening through Saturday morning: Moderate to heavy with at times intense rains possible over Babuyan Islands, Ilocos Norte, Apayao, and the northern portion of mainland Cagayan. Light to moderate with at times heavy rains possible over Batanes, the northern portion of Ilocos Sur, Abra, Kalinga, and the rest of mainland Cagayan.
Tropical Cyclone Wind Signal
As of now there is no tropical cyclone wind signal issued by PAGASA.
Baguio City Weather Forecast Today
Baguio City will experience partly cloudy to cloudy skies with rainshowers / thunderstorms due to local thunderstorms/southwesterly surface windflow. Lowest temperature recorded today in Baguio City is 17.6 degrees celsius.