The City of Baguio and the rest of the Cordillera have been placed under General Community Quarantine (GCQ) status from June 16 to 30, 2021. In line with this, the City Government of Baguio has released the guidelines to be followed for the duration of June.
GCQ Guidelines in Baguio City
For the entire duration of the GCQ, the city will still follow the GCQ guidelines as stated in Executive Order No. 51, series of 2021.
- workers in frontline services and permitted industries and businesses such as
- medical services,
- uniformed personnel on duty,
- security services,
- BPOs, and
- export-oriented services;
- workers in pharmacies, grocery stores, and other retail establishments providing medicine, food, and other essential commodities as they are allowed to operate 24/7;
- food and beverage retail establishments such as
- cafes, and
- eateries may continue to operate within the curfew, provided, their services during the time shall be limited to food preparation, take-out and delivery.
- Night Market operation
The night market vending time has been adjusted to 7:00 PM to 9:45 PM to conform with the revised curfew hours of the city.
The following shall be restricted to their homes at all times:
- Persons below 15 years old shall stay in their residences at all times, except when necessary for highly indispensable purposes or to access medical services
- Immunocompromised persons,
- pregnant women, and
- persons over the age of 65 shall stay in their residences at all times, EXCEPT when necessary to report for work, or to access indispensable goods and services.
- Employees who are immunocompromised, pregnant, and over the age of 65 may not be assigned to client-facing tasks and duties and shall be prioritized to avail alternate work arrangements.
- Minors are not allowed to enter enclosed crowded spaces such as:
Permitted Industries and Activities
Establishments Allowed to Operate
- All industries operating during Modified General Community Quarantine (MGCQ)
- All public and private construction projects
- All offices, workplaces, stores, shops, establishments, including those within malls and shopping centers
Establishments allowed to operate on 50% maximum capacity
- Food and beverage retail establishments with dine-in services such as:
- fast food establishments
- canteens, etc.
- Fitness gyms and personal care establishments:
- Fitness centers
- Recreational venues such as:
- Internet cafes
- Amusement and gaming arcades
- Bowling alleys
- e-gaming and bingo outlets
- and other similar establishments
- Tourists and leisure attractions
- Cultural centers
- Libraries and archives, etc.
Establishments NOT Allowed to Operate
- Kid amusement industries
- Bars, night clubs, and other establishments with primary business of selling and serving liquor
Physical Fitness Activities
Indoor and outdoor non-contact sports and other forms of physical fitness and exercise such as but not limited to:
- range shooting
are ALLOWED provided they adhere to the following:
- Follow minimum public health standards
- NO sharing of equipment
- Clubhouses and similar establishments may operate but limited to basic operations (50% of venue capacity for restaurant and cafes)
- compliant to rules and regulations set by the City Sports Office under the Office of the City Administrator
- NO spectator in sports and activities
During the duration of the community quarantine, there will be a temporary ban on the sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages and liquor from 10:00 PM to 10:00 AM the following day.
Alcohol consumption should be incidental to dining, provided they adhere to the maximum quantity of serving allowed:
- Beer, wines, cocktails – 4 individual servings per diner
- Liquor and distilled spirits
- 2 bottles per table shared by 2 or more people where the volume does not exceed 1 liter; OR
- 1 bottle per shared table of 2 or more people where the volume exceeds 1 liter
- neither shall be served for any individual diner
- Where physical presence or participation is indispensable, gatherings that are for the provision of critical government services and authorized humanitarian activities, or which are pursuant to official functions of any government agency, office, or instrumentality, or any cooperative, may be allowed, with strict adherence to prescribed minimum public health standards, provided, the number of attendees shall not exceed 30% of the venue’s seating capacity at any given time;
- Social gatherings to celebrate or commemorate personal or family milestones such as:
- gatherings to mourn departed loved ones,
- other non-work related gatherings held in hotels, conference halls, convention venues, and the other similar premises shall be allowed at a maximum of 30% of the venue’s seating capacity, and provided, the same is inspected prior to the event or activity by personnel of the City Health Services Office, and approval is secured from the Office of the City Mayor;
- Similar activities shall be allowed within the residence, provided, that all the attendees are members of the immediate family, and prior notice is given to barangay officials. In no case shall the attendees exceed 10 persons at any given time;
- Religious services and gatherings shall be allowed at a maximum of 30% of the venue’s seating capacity, provided, there is no objection from the local government unit where the services or gatherings are conducted;