Remember FarmVille? The game on Facebook that used to be one of your favorites back when you were still in grade school or perhaps high school? Well, it has already been eleven (11) years since it was launched back in 2009. And just last Saturday, September 26, 2020, the Facebook page of FarmVille has officially announced that the original FarmVille is already about to shut down in a few months.
“Thank you is a small word but when fertilized with love and beautiful memories it means the world to us. So here’s a great BIG THANK YOU for farming with us through it all.”
– FarmVille Official Facebook Page, September 26, 2020
Zynga, the social game developer behind FarmVille, explained in an announcement that Adobe will stop distributing and updating Flash Player for all web browsers, and Facebook will stop supporting Flash games on the platform completely after December 31, 2020, therefore directly affecting the original FarmVille.
Here are everything else you need to know about the upcoming shut down of FarmVille on Facebook:
- FarmVille is still playable only until December 31, 2020
- In-app purchases will be available until November 17, 2020.
- The game will not be accepting any in-app payments
- Any refunds will not be processed
- Any remaining credits players have should be used before the 31st of December, 2020
- Zynga is working on in-game activities that are designed to make the players’ remaining time with FarmVille more enjoyable
“We’re aware that many of you have been with us since the very beginning, helping to build an incredible global community of players over the years who’ve enjoyed this game just as much as we have. For that we say thank you,” stated the company.
For More News and Updates
See more news and updates like this one by exploring our Baguio City Guide website and by liking and following our official Baguio City Guide Facebook page. You may also check out our official Baguio City Guide YouTube channel to as well catch a variety of video content.