The City Tourism Office has announced that starting Monday, June 7, 2021, the Tourism Promotions Board (TPB) will partially subsidize the cost of the antigen test for the first 12,000 tourists who will enter the City of Baguio.
Negative results of COVID-19 tests such as RT-PCR and Antigen are one of the requirements for those who are entering Baguio City for leisure or personal purposes.
Antigen Test Cost in Baguio City
Normally, Antigen test for individuals entering Baguio costs Php 350 for Baguio residents and Php 500 for non-residents and tourists.
With the subsidy care of TPB, eligible tourists will only pay three hundred fifty pesos (Php 350.00) instead of the original five hundred pesos (Php 500.00) fee.
Who can Avail of the Subsidy?
According to the City Tourism Office, the first 12,000 tourists who will meet the following requirements shall be eligible for the subsidy:
- Have pre-registered in Baguio VISITA;
- Have confirmed booking with an accredited/registered accommodation establishment; and
- Scheduled to have their test in Baguio City upon arrival, starting June 7, 2021
How to Avail of the Subsidy
To avail of the discount, tourists must present the following upon arrival at the triage testing center:
- VISITA QR-coded Travel Pass (QTP)
- Valid ID
- Proof of confirmed booking (electronic or printed form)
- Discounted price is valid on the date of arrival only, for the first 12,000 qualified tourists, and cannot be transferred, rescheduled, or converted into cash
- Other tests, such as RT-PCR or X-Ray, as required by the triage whenever necessary, are not covered by the subsidy
- When the first 12,000 subsidized Antigen tests have been availed, the cost of Antigen test will immediately revert back to Php500.00.
SOURCE: Baguio Tourism