Benguet vegetables will be sold at only Php 10.00 per kilo in Baguio City on certain dates during the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) as a generous group of Benguet farmers will bring their produce here to serve residents especially those stranded students, senior citizens, and vegetarians.
This program called Sampung Piso para sa farmer, murang gulay para sa mamamayan, was made possible through the collaborative support and efforts of the following:
- Movement for Farmers Civic Action Group
- Provincial Governor Melchor Diclas
- Baguio City Mayor Benjamin Magalong through the representation of City Councilor Joel A. Alangsab.
10 Peso Benguet Vegetables in Baguio City
Based on the announcement, whatever vegetables from the farmers will be sold at Php 10.00 per kilo every Friday and Saturday, 9 AM to 5 PM, on the following dates:
- April 17 and 18
- April 24 and 25
Interested residents will be able to buy the vegetables at the Slaughter Compound, Magsaysay Ave., Baguio City.
Reminders for Buyers
- Residents who would like to buy vegetables on the said dates should bring their own eco-bags.
- Each buyer can only buy a maximum of 10 kilos for every type of vegetable.
- There will be a charge of Php 1.00 per kilo for operating expenses (delivery and other expenses of the Wangal, La Trinidad Operation).
- All buyers should wear face mask and follow social distancing measures.
- Bring your Home Quarantine Pass.
For inquiries and more information, you may contact Coun. Alangsab at (074) 442 8908 or send him a message through his Facebook page.
source: Public Information Office-Baguio