There are only a few days left before 2021 and the Pantone Color Institute has revealed Pantone’s Color of the year 2021.
Pantone Color of the Year
The Pantone Color of the Year is chosen by experts at the Pantone Color Institute, a business unit within Pantone that highlights the top seasonal runway colors and selects the Pantone Color of the Year. And, the color is selected through consideration and trend analysis. The influences of the selection of a Pantone Color of the Year include the entertainment industry, films in production, new artist, fashion, new technologies, social media platforms, upcoming sporting events that captured global attention, and more.
And, over the past 20 years, Pantone’s Color of the Year has a great influence on product development and purchasing decision in the following:
- Multiple industries’
- Home furnishings
- Industrial design
- Product packaging and graphic design.
Furthermore, for the Pantone Color of the Year 2021 it was taken from the Pantone Fashion, Home an Interiors Color System which is the most widely used and recognized color standards system for fashion, textile, home, and interior design.
Pantone Color of 2021
For the year 2021, two independent colors, the Ultimate Gray and Illuminating, that highlight how different elements come together to support one another are the Pantone Color of the Year 2021.
PANTONE 17-5104 Ultimate Gray
- This color is emblematic of solid and dependable elements that are everlasting and provide a firm foundation.
PANTONE 13-0647 Illuminating
- This color is a bright and cheerful yellow sparkling with vivacity, a warming yellow shade imbued with solar power.
View this post on Instagram
Union of Ultimate Gray and Illuminating
- A marriage of color conveying a message of strength and hopefulness that is both enduring and uplifting.
- Practical and rock-solid but at the same time warming and optimistic and the union of the two colors is one of strength and positivity
- It is a story of color that encapsulates deeper feelings of thoughtfulness with the promise of something sunny and friendly.
- A message of happiness supported by fortitude and the combination of the two is aspirational and gives us hope
Here’s a statement of the Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute Leatrice Eiseman regarding 2021’s Pantone Color:
“The union of an enduring Ultimate Gray with the vibrant yellow illuminating expresses a message of positivity supported by fortitude. Practical and rock solid but at the same time warming and optimistic, this is a color combination that gives us resilience and hope. We need to feel encouraged and uplifted; this is essential to the human spirit.”
Explore the 2021 Pantone Color
Are you excited to explore 2021’s Pantone Color? You can now explore as filters and can even start building pallets that Illuminating and Ultimate Gray colors through the following:
Past Pantone Colors
Here are the former Pantone colors over the past years:
- PANTONE 19-4052 Classic Blue (2020)
- PANTONE 16-1546 Living Coral (2019)
- PANTONE 18-3838 Ultra Violet (2018)
- PANTONE 15-0343 Greenery (2017)
- PANTONE 15-3919 Serenity and PANTONE 13-1520 Rose Quartz (2016)
- PANTONE 18-1438 Marsala (2015)
- PANTONE 18-3224 Radiant Orchid (2014)
- PANTONE 17-5641 Emerald (2013)
- PANTONE 17-1463 Tangerine Tango (2012)
- PANTONE 18-2120 Honeysuckle (2011)
- PANTONE 15-5519 Turquoise (2010)
- PANTONE 14-0848 Mimosa (2009)
- PANTONE 18-3943 Blue Iris (2008)
- PANTONE 19-1557 Chili Pepper (2007)
- PANTONE 13-1106 Sand Dollar (2006)
- PANTONE 15-5217 Blue Turquoise (2005)
- PANTONE 17-1456 Tigerlily (2004)
- PANTONE 14-4811 Aqua Sky (2003)
- PANTONE 19-1664 True Red (2002)
- PANTONE 17-2031 Fuchsia Rose (2001)
- PANTONE 15-4020 Cerulean (2000)
For More News and Updates
Are you looking for more news and updates like this one? Feel free to explore our BCG website and our official Facebook page. You may also check out our official BCG YouTube channel to as well catch a variety of video content.