It’s flower festival season and the most awaited main events out of the Panagbenga 2019 schedule of activities is just around the corner. Hence, there is an expected influx of tourists coming to Baguio to witness this year’s festivities, with the theme “Blooming Forward.” So, if you’re planning to witness the Grand Street Parade and Grand Float Parade or if you have work during those days, here’s the complete traffic advisory for your reference in navigating the busy streets of Baguio.
The following roads will be closed for the Panagbenga Grand Street Dance and Float Parade:
Effective 5:00 AM March 2 and 3, 2019
From Panagbenga Park, whole stretch of Session Road; going down Center Mall Magsaysay to Harrison Road Jose Abad Santos Lake Drive to Athletic Bowl.
The following are also closed on March 2 and 3 from 5:00 AM until the activities are over:
- Teachers Camp – South Drive junction to Panagbenga Park to be used/utilized by the participants (preparation area) during Street Dance and Float Parade
- Fr. Carlu Loop/ Street – U-turn at Cathedral Post Office Loop area then back or exit at Upper General Luna Road to Leonard Wood or Lower Bonifacio – Rimando Road – M. Roxas
- Governor Pack Road going to Session Road – U-turn at Gov. Pack Road allowed (at the designated U-turn slot)
- Calderon St. going to Session Road
- Session – Mabini is open to traffic. However, during the parade, Upper Mabini St., General Luna Road and Magsaysay will be CLOSED. All vehicles coming from Assumption – General Luna area, SLU hospital/ Notre Dame de Chartres Hospital area may take Upper General Luna Road or Bonifacio- Rimando area as their exit.
- Going down Abanao – junction of Lower Shagem – Abanao Rd – all vehicles going down Abanao take Lower Shagem Street. Selected PUJs with loading area along Kayang may take going down Abanao then turn left at gas station to Upper Shagem- Kayang area.
- Bayanihan Lake Drive area – all vehicles are not allowed to enter Bayanihan going to KM 0 or Lake Drive during the parade. Only PUJs allowed at Perfecto St. with limited number as agreed during the meeting of PUJs Association and BCPO-TEU will be allowed.
- Lake Drive- Jose Abad Santos St. – NO ENTRY at the entrance of Kisad- Jose Abad Sanos St. going to Athletic Bowl or parking area.
- Y shape or Center Mall area – NO ENTRY. All PUJs and private vehicles coming from Bonifacio or Rimando Rd. shall take a U-turn at Bonifacio Rotunda. All PUJs and private vehicles coming from Lower Magsaysay shall take a u-turn at Slaughter area.
- All deliveries shall be done before 5:00 AM on March 2 and 3 to avoid being trapped within the CBD area.
- All vehicles who wish to leave the CBD area before the parade will start may do so but is advised not to take the area of the parade route.
- PUJs are on express system during the parade until the activity is over.
Suello Marcos Highway area
All vehicles/ motorists bound for La Trinidad/Naguilian-Bokawkan shall be advised to take Suello Rd. – Sta. Lucia San Luis Asin area (in effect from 5:00 AM until the activity is over.)
Pacdal & Teachers Camp – South Drive Junction area
All vehicles bound for Marcos Highway may take Baguio Country Club- Camp John Hay – Loakan – Camp 7 Road or Montecillo Road- Bakakeng or may take Montecillo Road – Western Link Circumferential Road then exit Balacbac to Marcos Highway. For vehicles/ motorists bound to either La Trinidad or Naguilian may take M. Roxas Road then exit at Camdas BCPO station 2 area going to La Trinidad or Bokawkan- Naguilian Road.
No vehicles allowed to enter Y-Shape Center Mall area starting 5:00 AM until the activity is over. Alternate route: P. Burgos – Bokawkan – Naguilian area
Kennon – Loakan Junction area
All vehicles bound for La Trinidad may take Loakan – Camp John Hay – Baguio Country Club to Teachers Camp – M. Roxas road. Vehicles bound to Marcos Highway may take Camp 7 Montecillo to Bakakeng or Montecillo – Westernlink Circumferential Balacbac Road starting 5:00 AM until the parades are over.
All vehicles are not allowed to enter Lower Abanao St. and Bayanihan Shanum Street (CBD area starting 5:00 am until the activity is over)
Strict Implementation of No Parking areas
- Strictly no parking along the parade route from Panagbenga Park Upper Session – Lower Session Road – Magsaysay Center Mall- Harrison Road Jose Abad Santos- Lake Drive – Athletic Bowl
- All vehicles parked along the parade route shall be towed if not removed before 5:00 AM during the scheduled Street Dance and Float Parade.
Strictly NO PARKING along the following roads:
- Whole stretch of Leonard Wood Road
- Whole stretch of General Luna Road
- Whole stretch of TM Kalaw 1 & 2 area including Government Center Road
- Whole stretch of Kisad Road
- Whole stretch of Legarda Road
- Harrison Road
- Abanao Road including Abanao Extension
- Shanum St. and Carino St.
- Salvoza Drive and Bautista Drive
- Yandoc Street – Legarda Road
- Naguilian Road from junction Bokawkan to 3rd Road Quezon Hill
Recommended Parking Areas
- Cooyesan pay parking
- Old Library pay parking area
- Abanao Square
- Baliwag Abanao pay parking
- Maharlika pay parking
- Center Mall pay parking
- Mabini Cedar Peak & Joem pay parking
- SM City Baguio pay parking
- University of Baguio pay parking
All available schools for pay parking areas:
- Baguio City High School
- Quezon Elementary School
- Mabini Elementary School
Free parking areas:
- GSIS Compound
- DPS Barangay
- All PUJ associations affected by the re-routing scheme should be on express system. PUV/ Buses with loading terminals along/within the affected areas shall temporarily relocate and will be restricted from such streets starting 5:00 AM until such roads/ streets are declared clear.
- The owners of barren spaces where parking is suitable should be encouraged and subsequently authorized to allow parking with pay for a reasonable amount provided that traffic flow will not be impeded.
- Two-way traffic scheme will be implemented along Post Office Loop to cater vehicles going towards SM and Upper Session Road after the Float Parade starting March 3 – 10, 2019 for the Session Road in Bloom
- Buses and trucks will not be allowed passage after 5:00 AM within CBD and along Kisad Road, Legarda Road and other streets closely intersecting with the streets of CBD.
- For the TTMD- City Engineering Office to ensure the service of the towing trucks and no unattended vehicle will obstruct the parade route or venue, all vehicles parked along the parade route beyond 5:00 AM shall be towed.
Source: BCPO- Traffic Unit