The “Baguio Face Mask and Face Shield Ordinance of 2021 and the Regulation of Indiscriminate Disposal of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in the City of Baguio” also known as the City Ordinance No. 27, Series of 2021 which was announced to be implemented today, March 17, 2021, has been temporarily placed on hold.
As stated in the official Facebook page of the Public Information Office (PIO) of the city, the implementation has been held in abeyance pending clarification over Section 5 which spells out exceptions to wearing of face masks and face shields.
Check out the coverage of Section 5 regarding the exceptions, HERE.
Ordinance No. 45, Series of 2020
Under the ordinance, it is unlawful for any person or entity within the territorial jurisdiction of the City of Baguio to:
- Leave their homes to go to public places, buildings, national roads or highway, sidewalks, walkways, or public conveyances, or other similar establishments, without wearing face mask
- Go to workplaces whether in enclosed or open spaces, without wearing face masks
- Travel through city roads, alleyways, or streets, whether in public or private vehicles (including motorcycles) without wearing face mask
- Transact business with any person not wearing a face mask
- Hoard, profiteer, or manipulates the prices for face masks being sold to the general public
Individuals that will be caught violating Ordinance No. 45 will be penalized with the following:
- First Offense: PHP 1,000.00
- Second Offense: PHP 2, 000.00
- Third Offense: PHP 3,000.00 and cancellation of the business permit if applicable
The parent or guardian will assess the corresponding fine or penalty following the existing laws, rules, and regulations for minors.
For More News and Updates