The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) has recently announced the qualifications, requirements, and application process for Filipinos who are interested in becoming NBI agents.
How to become an NBI Agent: Qualifications
- Must be a Filipino citizen, of good moral character, and in excellent physical and mental condition
- A member of the Philippine Bar or a holder of a Baccalaureate Degree who passed the necessary government licensure examination relevant to the investigative functions of the NBI
- No pending criminal, civil, or administrative charge/s and never been convicted of any crime
- Between 25 to 35 years old
- At least 5’5 in height (male) and 5’3 for female
- With a general weighted average (GWA) of 85% in the transcript of records
- Vision within normal range
- No tattoo marks or pierced ears
- Willing to be assigned anywhere in the Philippines
Note: Those who finished at least second year in the college of law and/or holders of a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or its equivalent from reputable institutions are a plus factor in NBI’s evaluation
NBI Agent Requirements
Bring/ submit online the NBI agent application requirements to the NBI Academy for pre-assessment. Application and documents must be filed online at [email protected] or at the nearest NBI Regional Office.
- Transcript of Records
- Eligibility (Bar/Board)
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Personal Data Sheet (CS Form 212)
- NBI and Police Clearances, Court Clearances from RTC, MTC where he/she resides
- Two (2) pcs. 2×2 colored picture;
- Note: No makeup, unfiltered, in business suit, and white background
- Latest and duly filed Income Tax Return (ITR/W2) – if working
- Latest and duly filed Statement Assets & Liabilities (SALN) – if government employee
- Please make sure that you wear proper and formal attire when personally transacting in the Academy.
- Always bring original documents with duplicate copies
Applicants must undergo and pass the qualifying examinations and screening procedures:
- Preliminary Interview
- Neuropsychiatric Examination
- Written examination
- Preliminary Medical Check-up
- Agility Test
- Complete Medical Examination
- Polygraph Test
- Background Investigation
- Initial Panel Interview
- Four (4) months training in the NBI Academy
- Final panel interview
How much is the salary of an NBI Agent?
As per R.A 10867 “An Act Reorganizing and Modernizing the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI), and Providing Funds Therefore” an NBI Agent will acquire the position of Investigation Agent III (Agent) and will obtain a Salary Grade (SG) of 22.
As per the third tranche salary table of the Salary Standardization Law V or SSL V Third Tranche, effective January 1, 2022, a government employee with SG 22 will receive PHP 69,963 to PHP 77,801 for the year 2022.
NBI Regional Office (Cordillera Administrative Region)
- Location: 125 Upper Session Road, Baguio City, PH
- Contact Numbers:
- (074) 304-2945 / 442-7203
- (074) 304-1224/ 304-5079
- Email address: [email protected] ; [email protected]
SOURCE: NBI CAR, NBI, senate.gov.ph