Yesterday, December 15, 2020 (Tuesday), Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) has released Visual Fitness Criteria for Mutilated or Damaged Banknotes. And, everyone is advised to immediately submit mutilated banknotes to any banks for BSP to review.
“Kaagad isumite sa alinmang bangko upang masuri ng Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas.”-BSP on Facebook
Visual Fitness Criteria for Mutilated Banknotes
The following are photos and descriptions of mutilated banknotes provided by BSP:
“Mga Pamantayang Biswal sa mga Salaping Papel na Mutilated o Sira-Sira.”-BSP on Facebook
1. Tear, hole, or missing part (Mga punit, butas o nawawalang bahagi)
- Any visible break, hole, or loss of any part of the banknote.
2. Adhesives or any material sticking on the paper (Mga nakadikit sa papel)
- Presence of adhesives like the following mentioned below, or any materials not originally on the banknote.
- Staple Wire
3. Splitting of substrate (Paghihiwalay ng papel)
- Separation of the front and back sides of the banknote
4. Charring or decay ( Pagkasunog o pagkabulok)
- Burnt or damaged due to water or chemical