Baguio City and Benguet are among the areas which will be placed under Alert Level 2 from February 16 to 28, 2022.
The new alert level classifications set by the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) were announced by acting spokesperson and Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles on Monday.
Abra, Apayao, Ifugao, Kalinga and Mountain Province are also among the provinces in the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) which will be placed under Alert Level 2.
Alert Level 2 Guidelines
As per the National IATF guidelines, the following protocols shall be observed in areas placed under Alert Level 2. Guidelines may change as per respective local government units’ directive through succeeding Executive Orders.
- Intrazonal and interzonal movement shall be allowed. However, reasonable restrictions may be imposed by the LGUs, which should not be stricter as those prescribed under higher alert levels and subject to the oversight, monitoring, and evaluation of their respective RIATF.
- Casinos, horse racing, cockfighting and operation of cockpits, lottery and betting shops, and other gaming establishments shall not be allowed to operate, or be With Amendments as of November 18, 2021. 8 undertaken in areas classified under Alert Level 2 except as may be authorized by the IATF or the Office of the President.
- The following establishments, or activities, shall be allowed to operate, or be undertaken at a maximum of 50% indoor venue capacity for fully vaccinated individuals and those below 18 years of age, even if unvaccinated, and 70% outdoor venue capacity. Provided, that all workers/employees of these establishments are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and MPHS shall be strictly maintained. Provided further, that there is no objection from the LGU where these activities may take place.
- Venues for meetings, incentives, conferences, and exhibitions (MICE);
- Permitted venues for social events such as parties, wedding receptions, engagement parties, wedding anniversaries, debut and birthday parties, family reunions, and bridal or baby showers;
- Visitor or tourist attractions such as libraries, archives, museums, galleries, exhibits, parks, plazas, public gardens, scenic viewpoints or overlooks, and the like;
- Amusement parks or theme parks;
- Recreational venues such as internet cafes, billiard halls, amusement arcades, bowling alleys, skating rinks, archery halls, swimming pools, and similar venues;
- Cinemas and movie houses;
- Limited face-to-face or in-person classes for basic education subject to prior approval of the Office of the President;
- Limited face-to-face or in-person classes for higher education and for technical-vocational education and training;
- In-person religious gatherings; gatherings for necrological services, wakes, inurnment, and funerals for those who died of causes other than COVID-19 and for the cremains of the COVID-19 deceased;
- Licensure or entrance/qualifying examinations administered by their respective government agency, and specialty examinations authorized by the IATF subject to the health and safety guidelines as approved by the IATF;
- Dine-in services of food preparation establishments such as kiosks, commissaries, restaurants, and eateries, subject to DTI sector-specific protocols;
- Personal care establishments such as barbershops, hair spas, hair salons, and nail spas, and those offering aesthetic/cosmetic services or procedures, make-up services, salons, spas, reflexology, and other similar procedures including home service options, subject to the sector-specific protocols of the DTI; With Amendments as of November 18, 2021. 9
- Fitness studios, gyms, and venues for individual non-contact exercise and sports; Provided that patrons/clients and workers/employees wear face masks at all times and subject to DTI sector-specific protocols.
- Film, music, and television production subject to the joint guidelines as may be issued by the DTI, DOLE, and the DOH;
- Contact sports approved by the LGU where such games shall be held; p. Funfairs/peryas or kid amusement industries such as playgrounds, playroom, and kiddie rides;
- Venues with live voice or wind-instrument performers and audiences such as in karaoke bars, clubs, concert halls, and theaters; and
- Gatherings in residences with individuals not belonging to the same household.
- Agencies and instrumentalities of the government shall remain to be fully operational and shall adhere to at least 80% on-site capacity while applying work-from-home and other flexible work arrangements.