Kennon Road will now be opened to two-way traffic starting November 7, 2022, 8:00 AM. The opening of Kennon Road to two-way traffic is based on the following:
- The weather outlook from DOST-PAGASA for November 4-11, 2022
- Completion of the Demonstration Bridge as of November 4, 2022
- Agreements and Discussions during the RDRRMC JIATF Kennon joint inspection/meeting last November 4, 2022.
Is Kennon Road Open?
According to the Advisory released by the Joint Inter-Agency Task Force Kennon dated November 6, 2022. Kennon Road will be OPEN to two-way traffic starting November 7, 2022 at 8:00AM. This public advisory will replace the previous advisories by the JIATF Kennon which means that the one-way scheduled flow of traffic has been rescinded.
Reason For Opening Kennon Road to two-way traffic
The reason for opening Kennon Road to two way traffic is because of the recent developments and major road improvements at Kennon road. This decision was agreed upon by the members of the Joint Inter-Agency Task Force Kennon after their discussion during their meeting last November 4, 2022.
Reminders to Motorists
The motorists are reminded of the following safety and closure protocols:
- Drive safely, strictly adhere to traffic and parking rules (and safety signages), and follow speed limits as indicated in various signages along Kennon Road.
- Vehicles/trucks exceeding the five (10) tons (gross tonnage) limit shall be prohibited to pass through Kennon Road. Such load limit shall be controlled by the DPWH-CAR through the Benguet 1st District Engineering Office and concerned local police authorities.
- Road clearing and no parking policies along these national roads shall be strictly facilitated by concerned local government units (City, Municipality and Barangays) in coordination with local police authorities to avoid traffics and accidents.
- in case of inclement weather, imminent weather disturbance or detected ground shaking/earthquake with or without aftershock/s which may trigger landslides or rockfalls, the DPWH-CAR through the Benguet 1st District Engineering Office in coordination with the Tuba Municipal police stations and Baguio City Police Office, shall immediately close Kennon Road until public safety is guaranteed.