The Commission on Election (COMELEC) is still accepting voter registration for the national and local elections that will be held on May 9, 2022. Voter registration will run until September 30, 2021. For Baguio residents, here’s how you can register and exercise your right to vote.
Update as of September 29, 2021
Voter registration is extended from October 11 to October 30, 2021. Check the schedule below.
Who can register as a voter in the Philippines
- Filipino citizen
- At least 18 years old on or before Election Day (May 9, 2022)
- A resident of the Philippines for at least one year and a resident of the place in which you intend to vote for at least 6 months
Requirements for New Voter Registration
Before going to COMELEC Baguio, you need to have the following documents with you:
- Three (3) copies of the accomplished Registration form
- Health Declaration Form
- Photocopy of at least one (1) valid ID:
- Employee’s identification card (ID), with the signature of the employer or an authorized representative
- Postal ID
- PWD Discount ID
- Student’s ID or library card, signed by the school authority
- Senior Citizen’s ID
- Driver’s license
- NBI clearance
- SSS/GSIS ID
- Integrated Bar of the Philippine (IBP) ID
- Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC) License
- Certificate of Confirmation issued by the National Commission on Indigenous Peoples (NCIP) in case of members of ICCs or IPs
- Any other valid ID
No Registration Form, No Entry Policy
To limit crowding and prevent the spread of the virus, applicants without an accomplished registration form and Health Declaration Form (HDF) will not be allowed entry at COMELEC Baguio. There are different ways you can get a copy of the registration form and HDF before your visit to the COMELEC Baguio office.
Step 1: Accomplish Registration Form
Step 1a: Google Drive Link
You can download the registration form below:
Step 1b: iRehistro Online Accomplishment
You can also fill up the registration form online through the iRehistro Online Accomplishment of Forms for Voter Registration. Just go to https://irehistro.comelec.gov.ph/cef1.
After filling up the form, print 3 copies of the document on long bond paper.
Step 1c: Get a free form from your barangay
According to COMELEC Baguio, you may also get a copy of the registration form at your respective barangay hall for free.
Step 2: Book your Appointment
After making sure the needed forms are accomplished, book your appointment at COMELEC Baguio’s Facebook page by going to this link: https://fb.com/book/655475034593875/
Step 3: Visit SM City Baguio on your appointment
Once you have booked your appointment, proceed to COMELEC Baguio’s voter registration booth at SM City Baguio on the date along with your complete requirements. There an electoral officer will review your requirements and if everything looks good, you will have your biometrics taken.
COMELEC Baguio Operating Hours
Update as of September 29, 2021: To cater to more voter registrants, COMELEC has extended its voter registration period.
Level 3, SM City of Baguio
The Mall Voter registration site is located at the third level of SM City Baguio, beside Octagon.
|September 30, 2021||End of original voter registration period|
|October 1 to 8, 2021||Filing of Certificates of Candidacy (no voter registration)|
|October 11 to 29, 2021|
Mondays to Fridays
8 AM to 5 PM
|Extended voter registration period|
|October 30, 2021|
8 AM to 5 PM
|Last day of extended voter registration period|
Where is COMELEC Baguio located?
The Comelec Voter Care Center of Baguio City is located along Governor Pack Road, beside the University of the Cordilleras (UC). However, voter registrants are only catered at the mall voter registration site at SM City Baguio.
During your visit, here are some important reminders you should keep in mind to ensure a smooth transaction and also your safety during the pandemic:
- Bring your own pen
- Always wear your face mask and face shield; COMELEC Baguio is implementing a NO FACE MASK, NO FACE SHIELD, NO TRANSACTION policy.
- Bring alcohol or sanitizer
- Make sure to stay hydrated and bring drinking water with you
- Follow the minimum public health protocols
For concerns, you may contact COMELEC Baguio through the following:
- Landline: (074) 422 1991
- Email: [email protected]
SOURCE: COMELEC Baguio