With the entire Luzon under enhanced community quarantine, the first ones that got affected are the businesses. Business establishments are forced to close shop for the protection of their employees and their clients. With the closure of the business of course comes with the consequence of employees being out of the job. Unfortunately, not everyone enjoys a good company benefit that will enable an employee to survive during the one-month enhanced community quarantine.
In response to this problem facing affected workers, the Department of Labor and Employment will be providing Financial Relief to affected workers. This is a one-time financial assistance to affected workers amounting to Php5,000.00 which will be provided in lump-sum, regardless of employment status and non-conditional.
Who Are Qualified?
According to the Department of Labor Department Order No. 209 the applicants should be a private establishment that has implemented FWA (Flexible Work Arrangements) or temporary closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Who are affected workers?
The financial relief covers only affected workers from private establishments whose employment suffers interruption due to COVID-19 pandemic. These affected workers are the following:
- Retained workers who do not receive regular wage – workers who are working by the hour and thus their regular wage is reduced due to the implementation of Flexible work arrangements defined in DOLE Labor Advisory No. 9 series of 2020.
- Suspended Workers – those workers whose employment is temporarily suspended by reason of the business’ temporary suspension or closure.
Coverage of the Program
The CAMP shall cover affected workers from private establishments affected by the COVID-19 pandemic from its onset in January 2020 up to the lifting of the stringent social distancing on April 14, 2020 unless extended by the Inter-Agency Task Force. Large establishments are highly encouraged to cover the full wages of employees the one (1) month community quarantine period. Government Employees are excluded from the Program.
The following documentary requirements and procedures are to be provided and processed by the Employer or Private Establishment. It is the Employers not the Employee who shall process these documents with DOLE.
Affected establishments should submit the following
- Establishment report form on COVID-19 which you can download here. This is pursuant to Labor Advisory No. 9 Series of 2020.
- Company Payroll for the month prior to the implementation of the FWA (Flexible Work Arrangement) or Temporary Closure
Procedure for Application
- Submit the complete Application Documentary requirements online to the appropriate regional office of DOLE or to any provincial/field offices
– Abra Field Office: [email protected]
– Apayao Field Office: [email protected]
– Baguio-Benguet Field Office: [email protected]
– Ifugao Field Office: [email protected]
– Kalinga Field Office: [email protected]
– Mountain Province Field Office: [email protected]
- The concerned DOLE regional office shall evaluate the applications within three (3) working days from receipt.
- Depending the status of evaluation, the following documents will be issued by the concerned DOLE regional office within 3 working days through e-mail.
- Approved Application – Notice of Approval
- Denied Application – Notice of Denial
Grounds for Denial of Application
- Ineligibility of Applicant
- Misrepresentation of Facts in the Application
- Submission of Falsified or Tampered Documents
Disbursement and Completion
Disbursement – The concerned DOLE Regional office shall issue the financial support directly to the beneficiary’s payroll account through bank transfer within two (2) weeks upon receipt.
Completion – Those who received the financial relief are considered to have completed the CAMP ( COVID-19 Adjustment Measures Program). A notice of completion will be sent to the affected establishment within 3 working days through e-mail.
Are you an employee that is affected by the Enhanced Community Quarantine due to COVID-19? You may inform your employers regarding this and work together to getting the financial relief that you need from the Department of Labor during this trying times.
Digested from DOLE Department order 209