As the Enhanced Community Quarantine throughout the entire Luzon becomes in effect starting today, public transport, as stated in the guidelines, has been suspended for the duration of the ECQ. This has posed many questions for those who need public transportation to report to work and buy basic necessities and those who need to go home to their respective provinces.
In line with this, the city government has released additional advisories regarding public transportation and entry/exit to the City of Pines during the effectivity of the ECQ.
UPDATED AS OF March 25, 2020
Private companies and establishments are encouraged to negotiate with transport providers/shuttle/ Taxi Operators/Drivers to ferry their workers from their respective residences or pick-up points going to their workplace.
Taxi hotline: 0920 902 6829
Government offices and agencies are encouraged to shuttle their workers from pick-up points to their workplace.
Registration at the Barangay for Public Transportation
The following are required to register at the barangay for monitoring:
- residents who will avail of the public transport services DO NOT NEED travel permits but have to register at the barangay for monitoring.
- residents who will walk going to their destination only for essential purposes in the city
Other reminders for Public transport Services
- As much as possible, only one (1) person per household should occupy the taxi and PUJs must only be half-filled so that passengers observe social distancing. There should be NO FEES for the registration of Barangay Permit.
- Barangay officials must have a record of the transport unit, passengers and their corresponding routes and purposes which should strictly be essential. Barangay passage and travel notification form will be filled out for this purpose.
Transportation Scheme for Lower Quirino Hill Barangay Only
Effective 1 PM March 18, 2020
Update as of March 25, 2020 [8:35 AM]
A special taxi service was also established to cater to those needing emergency medical care. Taxi units are placed on call to address this need and they should strictly adhere to the policy of ferrying only those on medical emergencies or needing emergency medical checkups. Special Permits were also issued for this purpose.
For medical emergencies, you can call the Emergency Hotline at:
0923 620 7038
Note: Other taxi companies willing to be on call for medical emergencies can coordinate with Chief Traffic
Traffic Enforcement Unit (TEU): 422-9953
Update as of April 20, 2020
It has been suspended to allow residents whose assigned market day coincides with their vehicle’s number coding restrictions to use their own cars when going out to buy essentials.
UPDATED AS OF March 20, 2020 [2:27 PM]
Residents who will travel via private vehicles or motorcycles to buy groceries or medicines or go out for medical check-ups, for laundry, or for financial transactions at banks are required to get travel permits from the barangay.
The following who will use private vehicles DO NOT need to secure travel permits:
- Persons working in the following essential establishments:
- public markets, supermarkets, groceries, convenience stores,
- hospitals, medical clinics, pharmacies and drug stores
- food preparation and delivery services
- water-refilling stations,
- hardware stores, laundry services
- manufacturing and processing plants of basic food products and medicines
- banks, money transfer services
- power, energy, water, and telecommunication
- BPO workers
- Uniformed and government employees who are on duty
- Utility company workers WITHIN THE CITY
There is NO RESTRICTION OR LIMIT on the number of passengers for private vehicles. Passengers should also strictly observe social distancing.
UNIFORMED TRAVEL PERMIT FOR ALL BARANGAYS
Update as of March 19, 2020 [11:37 AM]
Motorcycles are allowed to be used as a means of transportation going to work or buy necessities. However, the city government will NO LONGER ALLOW ANGKAS to strictly implementation social distancing and also because of reports about some riders who collect fees from their ‘angkas’ or passengers.
They will still be allowed as means of transportation during emergencies, for food deliveries, workers under the foodservice industry, and food manufacturing, health and uniformed personnel, utilities and BPO workers.
Owners of Taxi Units
You can use your taxi vehicles strictly for “hatid-sundo” of acquaintances going to work, buy necessities, or to the hospital only It is necessary to place a “SERVICE” signage according to the BCPO. BAWAL MAGPASADA.
Vehicles of Utility Companies ( BAWADI, BENECO, PLDT )
Vehicles of Utility companies ( BAWADI, BENECO, PLDT) shall have freedom of movement within the city WITHOUT THE NEED for a Special Permit.
Travel within the City
Update as of April 14, 2020 [9:21 AM]
Special Permit from the BCPO
PUVs used as ferry services for travel within the city for ESSENTIAL purposes, including those that carry people from other places working in Baguio City, need to secure a special permit from the Office of the CD, Baguio City Police Office – Main.
Special Permit from the Mayor’s Office
For private vehicles used to ferry employees, a special permit must be secured from the Mayor’s Office.
Entry/Exit in Baguio
The following will be allowed to enter and exit the City of Baguio.
For vehicles that will transport essentials such as:
- those who will ferry employees to work
- medical supplies
- agricultural products (including animal food and implements)
- LPG and petroleum products
Movement of Essential goods and services shall at all times remain unhampered. subject to the observance of strict sanitation methods and practices. There is no need for them to fill out Health Declaration Forms, they shall just be subjected to Thermal Scanning.
UPDATE March 20, 2020
Guidelines for Cargo Trucks
CARGO TRUCKS OF ANY TYPE SHALL PASS UNHAMPERED AND UNIMPEDED.
- For passing through cargo vehicles, drivers should not be made to go down or be replaced.
- Driver and Helper can stay in the vehicle during the unloading of cargoes.
- Cargo vehicles may be randomly checked at our Quarantine Control Points to ensure that there are no unauthorized persons contained therein.
- shall be done in a brisk manner to avoid delay of the travel of the said vehicles.
UPDATE March 19, 2020
Special Transport Service vehicles from LISTT
Special Transport Service vehicles from La Trinidad, Itogon, Sablan, Tuba And Tublay have been given special dispensation from the City Mayor to make trips to the city for the provision of essential goods and services. Such transport services must be marked by tarpaulins or banners with their respective mayor’s signature and all occupants should observe social distancing and wearing of masks.
Those in violation shall be refused entry.
Government-marked vehicles from local governments of LISTT shall be allowed to counterflow to avoid the Queue at our checkpoints but occupants shall still be subjected to Thermal scan
Update as of March 25, 2020 [9:00 AM]
All non- residents of Baguio shall not be allowed entry into the city.
For the purpose of the quarantine, residents of the LISTT (La Trinidad, Itogon, Sablan, Tublay, Tuba) shall be considered as Baguio residents.
- Upon entry in Baguio City, the same restrictions for residents will apply to them as well.
- For essential workers from LISTT, work IDs are needed for identification.
Persons coming into Baguio City must still pass through temperature screening and must submit a pre-filled Health Declaration Form. You can either download or fill up the Health Declaration form at http://baguio.gov.ph/
Outbound Passengers/ Parents who are looking to fetch their children from Baguio City
Update as of March 25, 2020 [9:00 AM]
For travel outside of Baguio and LISTT (La Trinidad, Itogon, Sablan, Tublay, Tuba), outbound passengers must present a HEALTH DECLARATION FORM and CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE secured from the office of the city mayor.
Requirements for Clearance Certificate:
- List of the names of persons who will travel
- Type of car and plate number
- Date and purpose of travel
- Copy of plane ticket (if applicable)
The Office of the City Mayor is OPEN DAILY, from 8AM to 5PM.
NOTE: Only the driver is required to secure a Clearance Certificate. The passengers don’t need to come.
- Globe: 09276280798
- Smart: 09996784335
- (074) 442-1900
- (074) 442-1905
- (074) 661-1455
Note: The following advisories are subject to change according to the advisory updates that will be released by the Public Information Office- Baguio. This page will be updated according to such changes.