The DOST Scholarship 2023 is now open for graduating senior high school students who aspire to pursue careers in STEM. This is a great opportunity for those who would like to pursue a technology, science, and mathematics education. This article aims to help you know more about the requirements, qualifications, and application process for the DOST-SEI Scholarship 2023. You may refer to the Table of Contents below for easier navigation.
DOST Scholarship 2023
The Department of Science and Technology Science Education Institute (DOST-SEI) has announced the opening of the application for the 2023 DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarships.
What is RA 7687?
The Republic Act 7687 or RA 7687 is also known as the “Science and Technology Scholarship Act of 1994.” The act was passed to offer various scholarships in science, technology, and engineering to underprivileged yet deserving and talented students. One of these scholarships is the DOST-SEI Undergraduate scholarship.
DOST Scholarship Benefits
|A. Regular Academic Year|
|Tuition and other school fees (for scholars enrolled in private HEIs)||₱40,000.00 / year|
|Book Allowance||₱10,000.00 / year|
|Monthly Living Allowance||₱7,000.00 / month|
|Transportation Allowance (for those studying outside of home province)||1 economy-class roundtrip fare|
|Group Health and Accident Insurance||Premium|
|B. Summer Allowance (if required in the curriculum)
|Tuition and other school fees||₱1,500.00|
|Book Allowance||₱500.00 (to submit Official Receipt)|
|Monthly Living Allowance||₱7,000.00 / month for two months|
Who can apply for DOST-SEI Scholarship?
The following is eligible to apply for the DOST Scholarship 2023:
- All graduating Grade 12 students who belong to the STEM class
- Non-STEM students who belong to the top 5% of the graduating class
- All Grade 12 students belonging to the STEM class who graduated before SY 2022-2023 but have not enrolled in college
- All non-STEM students who belong to the top 5% of the graduating class who graduated before SY 2022-2023, but have not enrolled in college
- Graduates of high school before the K-12 program who belong to the top 5% of the graduating class
- Must have grades in Grade 9, 10, and 11 or scores in the Philippine Education Placement Test Certificate of Rating if skipped a grade
- Must be a natural-born Filipino citizen
- Must be of good moral character and in good health
- May have taken the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship Examination but did not qualify for the scholarship
- May have taken the DOST-SEI Undergraduate Scholarship Examination but did not avail of the award
- Must not have earned any post-secondary (college or vocational) units
If you fit into these characteristics, you are eligible to apply for the DOST Scholarship. The next thing you need to know is the documents needed to apply for the 2023 scholarship offered by the DOST.
DOST Scholarship Requirements
To make things easier for aspiring scholars, the application for the scholarship is now done online. Here are the requirements you need to fulfill in order for the online application:
- Valid and secured email address
Make sure that the email you will provide is working and accessible. This is because the email address will be used to create an account at the DOST application portal.
- Working mobile number
This is important should there be a need for DOST-SEI to contact you in relation to your scholarship.
- Stable internet connection
Throughout the application, you will need to upload various documentary requirements. A stable internet connection is needed to make sure your application, along with the attachments, goes through without any problem.
DOST Scholarship 2023 Documentary Requirements
Print the following forms on A4-sized bond paper. Have them signed by the proper authorities indicated in the forms. Scan/Take a picture and save each file to your computer. Name each file: (Surname-Form __) when saving it before uploading it to the application system.
- Certificate of Good Moral Character – Form C
- Certificate of Good Health – Form D
- Principal’s Certification – Form E
- Form E1 – Applicant who is Grade 12 Graduating/Graduated student in the STEM strand
- Form E2 – Applicant who is Grade 12 Graduating/Graduated student in NON-STEM strand and belongs to the upper 5% of the class
- Form E3 – Applicant who is attending homeschool
- Form E4 – Applicant who is under the Alternative Learning System
- Form E5 – For Applicant who graduated in High School before the K-12 program and belongs to the upper 5% of the graduating class
- Certificate of Residency – Form F
- Parent’s Certification – Applicant has no pending immigration application to another country- Form G
- DOST-SEI Scholarship Examination/Award- Form H
- Applicant’s Certification of No Post-Secondary Units- Form I
- Signed Declaration of Applicant and the Parent or Legal Guardian- Form J
- Transcript of Records:
- Certified Copy of Permanent Student Record (Form 137) or Report Card (Form 138) for Grades 9, 10, and 11. It must be duly signed by the School Principal/University Registrar.
- For applicants who skipped a Grade Level by taking this exam: Philippine Equivalency Placement Test Certificate of Rating
- For applicants who are ALS completers
- For Grades 9 and 11: Accreditation and Equivalency Test Certificate of Rating OR Presentation Portfolio Assessment Certificate of Completion
- For grades of Year Level 10: Certificate of Completion from ALS teacher
- Recent passport-sized photo
- Must show the face of the Applicant, 80% of the picture
- Must be colored, with white background
- With the name tag position at approximately 1 inch or 2.54 cm below the chin. The name tag should indicate the full name, handwritten following the format:
First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, and Extension Name, if any (e.g. JUAN C. DELA CRUZ, JR.), and signature over printed name
- Taken within the last three (3) months prior to the filing of the application
- Birth Certificate issued by the PSA, NSO, or the Municipal Registry Office. (How to Book PSA Online Appointment)
- Clear, signed copy of either of the following:
- Parent/s or Legal Guardian’s 2021 Income Tax Return
- BIR Form 1701
- Employment Contract for OFW
- BIR Certificate of Exemption from Filing of ITR
- Certificate of Indigency
- Certificate of Employment with Compensation
- Proof of Pension
- Annual Gross Income must be clearly indicated in the document.
- Notarized Affidavit of Guardianship
- Must be submitted if the applicant is not living together with either of the parents
DOST Scholarship 2023 Online Application
Once you have the documentary requirements and the online application requirements prepared, you may now proceed to the application proper. Access the DOST-SEI Undergraduate E-Scholarship Application System here then follow the steps.
DOST-SEI Scholarship Application Period
The deadline for applications for the 2023 DOST Undergraduate Scholarships is on December 2, 2022.
Qualified applicants will be issued a test permit. The test permit indicates the applicant’s test center, test session, and other information relative to the qualifying examinations. The test permit will be sent to the applicant’s registered email address before the day of the examination.
DOST 2023 Scholarship Examination
The qualifying examination for the scholarship will be held on March 11-12, 2023.
Examinees are required to present his/her vaccination card or negative Antigen Test result. The Negative Antigen Test must be administered within 48 hours before the scheduled examination.
For inquiries/concerns, contact:
For frequently asked questions, you may refer to For questions or concerns regarding the undergraduate scholarship applications, you may contact the S&T Scholarship Division:
- Email address: [email protected]
- Contact Numbers
- Landline: (02) 8330-8876
- Globe/TM: 09278868816
- Smart/TNT: 09215260814