The Department of Health (DOH) of the Philippines today (Friday), February 5, 2021, unveiled details on the “DOTR-DOH Joint Statement on the Mandatory Use of Facemask Inside Vehicles” through a press release.
The Department of Transportation (DOTr) and the DOH shall observe and enforce the following guidelines on the wearing of face mask inside vehicles, pursuant to the decision of the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID):
- When traveling alone, the driver may remove his/her face mask; and
- When the driver is with passenger/s, it is mandatory for all individuals inside the vehicle to properly wear a face mask, regardless if they are from the same household.
For the proper implementation of the said policy and for the imposition of appropriate fines and penalties for violations, in accordance with existing laws, rules and regulations, proper coordination is said to be made with and between the following:
- Land Transportation Office (LTO)
- Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB)
- Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA)
- Inter-Agency Council for Traffic (IACT)
- Philippine National Police-Highway Patrol Group (PNP-HPG)
- Other law enforcement agencies and local government traffic offices/units
The Press Release from the DOH
Below is the press release as published by the Department of Health – Cordillera and the Public Information Office on a separate Facebook post.
For More News and Updates