Baguio Mayor Benjamin Magalong has signed two memorandums ordering the lifting of lockdown orders and implementation of lockdown order over several areas in Baguio City.
Lifted Lockdown Orders
Lockdown orders for all granular lockdown areas over the following Barangays are lifted effective immediately according to Memorandum No. 197, series of 2020:
- Barangay Dominican-Mirador
- Barangay Holyghost Extension
- Barangay Kagitingan
- Barangay Kias
- Barangay Magsaysay Private Road
- Barangay PMA-Fort Del Pilar
- Barangay Pucsusan
- Barangay San Luis Village
New Lockdown Order
Through Memorandum No. 198, series of 2020, Interior B, Balacbac, Barangay Sto. Tomas Proper is placed under lockdown effective immediately.
The lockdown was ordered in the said area after the local COVID-19 Task Force was informed that one of the most recent COVID-19 patients is a resident of Barangay Sto. Tomas Proper.
Guidelines for Areas Under Lockdown:
Here are the following guidelines, as stated in Memorandum No. 144, Series of 2020, Lockdown procedures for purposes of contact tracing, to be implemented in areas under lockdown for contact tracing purposes:
- Upon confirmation of new and validated confirmed COVID 19 cases, the Office of the City Mayor shall issue a Memorandum ordering a lockdown over the barangay of residence of confirmed patients;
- Within a period of 48 hours upon implementation of lockdown order, the Field Medical Officer and pairing investigator shall recommend a scaling down of the secured areas, limited to the purok or street where the patient resides. (Secured area refers to the complete barangay or the purok/street monitored by checkpoint personnel.)
- PNP Checkpoint personnel and assisting barangay officials shall immediately reassign checkpoints according to the recommendations of the Field Medical Officer and pairing investigator.
- The Punong Barangay, with the conformity of the PNP Checkpoint personnel, shall immediately notify the City Mayor’s Office of checkpoint assignment.
- A Memorandum lifting any lockdown Order shall be issued only upon the recommendation of the Contact Tracing Analysts Team.
Source: PIO – City of Baguio