Construction Requirements and Guidelines During ECQ
The construction requirement and guidelines during the COVID-19 Enhanced Community Quarantine or ECQ has been published by the Public Information Office – City of Baguio on Monday, May 4, 2020. In the announcement, it has been emphasized that the released guidelines are only for critical projects.
The Construction Requirement and Guidelines During ECQ
The following are the Construction Sector Requirements and Guidelines During COVID-19 Enhance Community Quarantine (ECQ) for Critical Projects Only, based on the guidelines posted by the PIO Baguio.
- Letter of request stating the following:
- Project title and location.
- Reason/s for the resumption of work.
- Letter of request for a travel permit. Indicate the following:
- Names of Authorized Person/s Outside Residence (APOR).
- Designation of APOR.
- Plate number, make and color of the vehicle to be used by APOR.
- Program of work and duration.
- List of manpower (names and designations).
- Medical certificates of all personnel indicating that they are fit to work.
- Site development plan showing the location of on-site bunkhouse/s or off-site bunkhouse/s, washing and bathing facilities, disinfection facilities, temporary isolation medical area.
- Floor plan of the on-site or off-site bunkhouse/s.
- Protocols of construction safety and health safety. Health safety measures should address Covid-19.
Construction Guidelines During Covid-19 ECQ
- Strict implementation of construction safety and health program.
- Construction workers should NOT be allowed to leave the site during the duration and implementation of the project while ECQ is in effect.
- Maintain physical distance within the project sites, bunkhouses, and while onboard the motor service vehicles and delivery vehicles.
- Mandatory wearing of face masks and construction personal protective equipment (PPEs) at all times.
- Strict implementation of personal hygiene such as proper washing of hands and use of sanitizing liquids.
- It is strictly forbidden for employees/workers to share personal hygiene products, plates, cutleries and drinking glasses, and other utensils and personal effects.
- The disinfection program should be conducted during the ingress of equipment, service vehicles, and delivery vehicles.
- Temperature scanning of personnel should be conducted.
- Confirmed, probable, suspect, and possible Covid-19infected workers should be brought to the temporary isolation medical area located on-site.
- Assign a dedicated staff to monitor the employees’ health conditions, implementation of the enhanced community quarantine policies and guidelines, and weekly reporting/coordination with the Department of Health (DOH) and Local Government Unit (LGU).
- Curfew hours implemented by the LGU should be strictly followed.
- Employees/workers residing in Baguio City shall be allowed to work immediately.
- Workers coming from outside the City of Baguio shall observe 14-day quarantine before allowing entry to the city and to the project site. Quarantine facilities shall be provided by the contractor.
- Representatives from the LGU and DOH shall conduct an inspection of the project sites, bunkhouses, and other facilities prior to resumption and mobilization of work.
Additional Info With Regards to the Requirements and Guidelines
These construction guidelines are from May 1 to May 15, 2020. The request letter must be addressed to Mayor Benjamin B. Magalong through City Administrator Bonifacio Dela Peña. Here are Engr. Bonifacio Dela Peña’s contact details, provided by the PIO Baguio, should there be more inquiries: 42-5497 or 09175065570.
SOURCE PIO Baguio