The number of COVID-19 cases is constantly rising in the Philippines, and Baguio City was not spared from the scourge of this new wave of the pandemic. The City has seen a sharp increase in the daily number of cases which is now averaging to about 200 a day. As a result, Baguio City is among the areas in the Philippines that were reclassified to GCQ with heightened restrictions, along with Abra and Bohol. The quarantine classification starts today, September 24, 2021, until September 30, 2021.
What to expect during GCQ with heightened restrictions
- Interzonal travel may be allowed subject to restrictions of the Local Government Unit of destination. Note that Non-essential travel to Baguio City is not allowed until September 26, 2021 (extension of such guideline is possible after the said date), Non-essential travel into and between BLISST area is also prohibited until October 3, 2021.
- Restaurants may operate on the following conditions:
a. Indoor dining shall observe 20% seating capacity.
b. Al-fresco dining shall observe 50% seating capacity.
- Outdoor tourist attractions may operate at 30% capacity with strict adherence to minimum public health standards.
- Beauty salons, nail spas, barbershops, and beauty parlors may operate at 30% venue or seating capacity.
- Business establishments with Safety Seal Certifications shall be allowed to operate at an additional 10% points beyond the prescribed on-site capacity or venue/seating capacity, whichever is applicable.
- Religious gatherings shall be allowed up to 10% of the venue capacity. However, the Local government unit may increase such up to 30%.
- Necrological services, inurnments, wakes, and funerals for those who died of causes other than COVID-19 shall be allowed but only to immediate family members.
- Conventions, meetings, incentives, exhibition events, and other social events in venue establishments SHALL NOT be allowed.
- Indoor tourist attractions, indoor sports courts, and venues SHALL NOT be allowed.
- Specialized markets of the Department of Tourism such as staycations without age restrictions shall be allowed subject to the capacities, protocols, and restrictions imposed by the DOT.
Note, that the LGU will provide additional guidelines during the course of the implementation of the specified community quarantines.