The City Government of Baguio suspended work in all its offices as well as classes at all levels for both public and private educational institutions. This is after a magnitude 7 and intensity 6 earthquake was felt in Baguio City.
The suspension of work in government offices and classes at all levels was done through Executive Order no. 84 series of 2022. The Executive Order signed by Baguio City Mayor Benjamin Magalong stated that there is a necessity to suspend work and classes in Baguio City immediately.
Salient points of EO 84 s. 2022
- Work in the offices in the City Government of Baguio and classes in all levels for both public and private institutions are suspended immediately today July 27, 2022.
- The City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office, City Building and Architecture Office, City Engineering Office, City Environment Parks Management Office, General Services Office, City Social Welfare and Development Office, and Health Services office shall maintain their workforce to ensure continuity of the delivery of service to the public.
- Rapid Damage Assessment and Needs Analysis Team (RDANA) are activated to conduct inspection and needs assessment throughout the city immediately.
- Work in Private business establishments and offices, as well as all local agencies of the National Government Offices not otherwise providing critical emergency services, are likewise SUSPENDED.
- The public is advised to survey their respective homes, work spaces, and other infrastructure before proceeding to any indoor spaces.
Source: Public Information Office Baguio