At around 10:59 PM today October 25, 2022, the province of Abra was once again hit by a strong earthquake. This time it registered at magnitude 6.7. The epicenter was detected to be at 17.76°N, 120.76°E – 007 km N 58° W of Tineg (Abra).
The earthquake was felt as far as Baguio City, and instrumental intensities were recorded as far as parts of the National Capital Region. Here are the areas where the earthquake was felt with their recorded intensities:
- Intensity V – Sinait Ilocos Sur
- Intensity IV – Baguio
- Intensity V – Gonzaga, Penablanca, Claveria, Cagayan; Pasuquin, Laoag City, Ilocos Norte; Vigan City, Ilocos Sur
- Intensity IV – Bangued, Abra
- Intensity III – Baler, Aurora: Ilagan Isabela
- Intensity II – Bayombong Nueva Vizcaya, Urdaneta, Dagupan City, Pangasinan; Madella, Quirino
- Intensity I – Dinalupihan, Bataan; Bulakan, Calumpit, Malolos City, Plaridel, Bulacan; Pasig City, Navotas City; Cabanatuan City and San Jose, Nueva Ecija; Guagua, Pampanga; Umingan, Sison, Bolinao, Infanta, and Bani, Pangasinan; Polillo, Mauban, and Infanta, Quezon; Tanay and Taytay, Rizal; Ramos, Tarlac; Iba, Zambales
Aftershocks are EXPECTED and there is NO Tsunami threat in the Philippines
Suspension of Work and Classes
The Province of Ilocos Sur suspended classes and work in both public and private sectors on October 26, 2022 as a safety measure in order to minimize the adverse effects of the earthquake. This will also give way to the inspection and assessment of the structural integrity of structures and buildings.