Plantito and Plantita Baguio City is Preparing a Fair for You!
The existing health crisis has brought about drastic routine changes and social isolation to people all over the globe; these, admitted by the council, can eventually lead to the development of several problems including depression, stress, apathy, and loneliness. However, the council added that there are remedies to mitigate its serious effect and it includes practices associated with the cultivation of flowers and ornamental plants.
The Plantito/Plantita Fair in Baguio City
The Public Information Office of the City of Baguio revealed last Friday, December 4, 2020, that the City Veterinary and Agriculture Office (CVAO) was urged by the city officials to work for the conduct of an ornamental plants enthusiasts consumer fair amidst the plantito-plantita fever.
“EARNESTLY REQUESTING THE HONORABLE CITY MAYOR BENJAMIN B. MAGALONG TO DIRECT THE CITY VETERINARY AND AGRICULTURE OFFICE TO WORK FOR THE CONDUCT OF AN ORNAMENTAL PLANTS ENTHUSIAST CONSUMER FAIR AMIDST THE PLANTITO/PLANTITA FEVER IN THE CITY OF BAGUIO.”
Signed by Mayor Benjamin Magalong, it was stated in Resolution No. 635, series of 2020 that the CVAO shall formulate the guidelines, criteria, mechanics and the program components of the ornamental plants’ enthusiasts consumer fair based on established basic parameters, in coordination with the Liga ng mga Barangay–Baguio city chapter.
Last Friday, in accordance to Resolution no. 635, series of 2020, CVAO revealed on a Facebook post that a minimal PERMIT FEE of Php 230.00 per booth which will be shouldered by the participants will be collected by the Treasury Office. CVAO has also listed all the coordinators per district and for their contact details, you may message CVAO (Facebook page: Baguio City Veterinary Office – Agricultural Services Division).
Plantito/Plantita Fair Guidelines
Here are the following guidelines for the Plantito/Plantita Fair as provided by CVAO:
- District Coordinator will consolidate products to be exhibited, showcased, demonstrated, and sold
- Ornamental plants only will be exhibited, showcased, demonstrated, and sold
- Herbs, vegetables and other crops not defined as ornamental plant are not allowed to be displayed in the booth
- Compost will be sold by Pony Boys only
- Use eco friendly bags “No Plastics”
- 2 districts per booth
- Booths will be assigned
- Tarpaulin c/o Liga ng Barangay
- Secure your own booth
- Bring your own table by district preferably 1.2x.6x.7m
- Provide trash bins (per district)
- Assembly (Dec. 9, 2020 3PM) and dismantling of booths on the last day c/o participants
- Time of operation 8:00 AM-4:00 PM (disinfection 4:00 PM-5:00 PM by participants)
- To observe social distancing only 2 participants per district will be allowed to manage their booth
- health protocols on customers (Like no facemask, no face shield and social distancing) will be managed per booth
For More News and Updates
Are you among the plantitos and plantitas in Baguio City? Then let us know what you think about this upcoming fair. Share your thoughts with us in the comment section below.
Looking for more news and updates like this one? Feel free to explore our BCG website and our official Facebook page. You may also check out our official BCG YouTube channel to as well catch a variety of video content.
Source: Public Information Office – City of Baguio