Baguio Mayor Benjamin Magalong has issued two memorandums yesterday, August 18, 2020, ordering the lifting of lockdown orders and implementation of new lockdown orders over several areas in the City of Baguio.
Lifted Lockdown Orders
Under Memorandum No. 199, series of 2020, lockdown orders for all granular lockdown areas in the following Baguio barangays are lifted effective immediately:
- Barangay Alfonso Tabora
- Barangay Asin Road
- Barangay Fairview
New Lockdown Orders
Through Memorandum No. 200, series of 2020, these areas are placed under provisional lockdown effective immediately until further notice:
- Purok 5, Bugallon of Barangay East Modernsite
- Blocks 33, 34 and 35 of Pinesville Subdivision of Barangay PMA-Fort del Pilar
Guidelines for Areas Under Lockdown:
Here are the following guidelines, as stated in Memorandum No. 144, Series of 2020, Lockdown procedures for purposes of contact tracing, to be implemented in areas under lockdown for contact tracing purposes:
- Upon confirmation of new and validated confirmed COVID 19 cases, the Office of the City Mayor shall issue a Memorandum ordering a lockdown over the barangay of residence of confirmed patients;
- Within a period of 48 hours upon implementation of lockdown order, the Field Medical Officer and pairing investigator shall recommend a scaling down of the secured areas, limited to the purok or street where the patient resides. (Secured area refers to the complete barangay or the purok/street monitored by checkpoint personnel.)
- PNP Checkpoint personnel and assisting barangay officials shall immediately reassign checkpoints according to the recommendations of the Field Medical Officer and pairing investigator.
- The Punong Barangay, with the conformity of the PNP Checkpoint personnel, shall immediately notify the City Mayor’s Office of checkpoint assignment.
- A Memorandum lifting any lockdown Order shall be issued only upon the recommendation of the Contact Tracing Analysts Team.
Source: PIO – City of Baguio