Today, August 11, 2020, Baguio Mayor Benjamin Magalong has issued two memorandums ordering the lockdown and lifting of lockdown over several areas in Baguio City.
Barangays Under Lockdown
Through Memorandum No. 174, Series of 2020, the following areas are placed under immediate lockdown effective today until further notice for contact tracing purposes.
- Purok 3, Barangay Loakan-Liwang
- Purok 5, Barangay Lower Quirino Hill
- Limited lockdown in Barangay Irisan for Purok 14-A and Purok 27 only
The areas are placed under lockdown after the local COVID-19 Task Force was informed that most recent Baguio City’s COVID-19 cases are residents of the following barangays.
Guidelines for Areas Under Lockdown:
Here are the following guidelines, as stated in Memorandum No. 144, Series of 2020, Lockdown procedures for purposes of contact tracing, to be implemented in areas under lockdown for contact tracing purposes:
- Upon confirmation of new and validated confirmed COVID 19 cases, the Office of the City Mayor shall issue a Memorandum ordering a lockdown over the barangay of residence of confirmed patients;
- Within a period of 48 hours upon implementation of lockdown order, the Field Medical Officer and the pairing investigator shall recommend a scaling down of the secured areas, limited to the purok or street where the patient resides. (Secured area refers to the complete barangay or the purok/street monitored by checkpoint personnel.
- PNP Checkpoint personnel and assisting barangay officials shall immediately reassign checkpoints according to the recommendations of the Field Medical Officer and pairing investigator.
- The Punong Barangay, with the conformity of the PNP Checkpoint personnel, shall immediately notify the City Mayor’s Office of checkpoint assignment.
- A Memorandum lifting any lockdown Order shall be issued only upon the recommendation of the Contact Tracing Analysts Team.
Through Memorandum No. 175, Series of 2020, Mayor Magalong has ordered the immediate lifting of lockdown over the following Baguio Barangays:
- Barangay Camp 8
- Barangay City Camp Proper
The lockdown was lifted after the local Contact Tracing Team has conducted a reassessment of the following barangays.
Source: PIO – City of Baguio